Found a bed @ Quality Sleep Shop. Not sure about base...

[quote=“Phoenix” post=40014]Hi Shaunp,

Transitional Sleep Systems is part of HSM Bedding Solutions which is the new name for what used to be called Hickory Springs. They are an old US company that makes springs, foam, and many other bedding materials and components for the industry and is one of the larger and more integrated suppliers in the industry. You can read a little more about them here.

While they have just started to manufacture adjustable beds … they are not newcomers to the industry and I would certainly consider any of their adjustable beds and compare them to some of the other options and manufacturers that are available to you based on features vs price comparisons.

I would treat an adjustable bed purchase as more of a commodity than a mattress because they all perform similar functions and have similar “bells and whistles” and options and I would choose the one that has the best combination of the features and price you are looking for. There is certainly some stiff competition in adjustable beds and some good value choices available.

There is some general information about adjustable beds in post #3 here and more specific information in the adjustable bed thread it links to including some sources that you can use as a pricing reference.

Phoenix[/quote]
Just got off the phone with Dilworth Mattress Factory. Turns out that the Legget & Platt S-Cape Adjustable Base isn’t readily available this week, so it may take 2 weeks. As an alternative, it was suggested that we consider the Transitional Sleep TS200, which looks like it has the same features but is a deck-on-deck design, which appears to be the new trend. Transitional Sleep only sells to OME’s and not to the public in general. Does the deck-on-deck design make a difference or is it purely aesthetic as mentioned in the Reverie Sleep Systems adjustable base post?

The Transitional Sleep TS200 is actually $100 less expensive than the Legget & Platt S-Cape. The only thing I don’t like about the TS200 is that it doesn’t come with wheels. Dilworth is checking to see if they can be added on. I wounder if the Transitional Sleep TS200 is lighter than the Legget & Platt S-Cape. Anyone with any thoughts on these two adjustable bed frames, please let me know. Trying to make a decision today as to whether it’s worth waiting 2 weeks for the S-Cape or go with the TS200. Thanks in advance!