Foundation for Arizona Premium Mattress Co. latex mattress

Hello. I purchased an Arizona Premium Mattress Company mattress with split soft/medium core and 2" topper and have been sleeping on it for about ten nights. So far I am pleased with it, and I will post a full review once I’ve formed a more complete impression of it. Right now it is situated on a elevated, solid wood foundation. I have been consideration ordering the slatted wood foundation from Arizona Premium Mattress Company. I was wondering anyone knew if it would feel different at all on the slatted foundation versus the solid one I am using now. I am pretty happy, at least for now, with how the mattress feels, and I am sleeping soundly. I don’t want to change the foundation if this is going to affect comfort or support. What are the advantages, if any, of the slatted foundation versus a solid wood one, for a latex mattress like mine?
Many thanks,
Todd

Hi toddking2,

If your current foundation is a solid non flexing foundation then any non flexing foundation that has no “give” to it will be the same whether it is the floor, an adjustable bed, a platform bed, or a slatted foundation with gaps that are small enough to provide solid even support for the mattress and prevent the mattress from sinking into the gaps (for latex gaps of 3" or less is best).

As far as the benefits of a slatted foundation vs a solid surface … post #10 here has more about the pros and cons of each.

Phoenix

Thanks for the helpful response! It is much appreciated!