Four Points by Sheraton Mattress

A couples years back we stayed at a Four Points and from the minute slept on the mattress I loved it. It was so comfortable. I have found that you can order them direct from Sheraton.

Has anyone experienced these beds? If you have do you have any idea about the materials?

From their web site the foundation is listed as a shock absorber. This was a trade-marked term of a torsion modular system, so that may be what the componentry is for the foundation. I’m not familiar with the mattress.

For the price points, you’d certainly want to know what was on the inside, as those numbers seem pretty steep if this was an innerspring product.

Placing better mattresses in hotels (and much better toppers/linens) has been a trend this past decade and one that I applaud every time I travel. And to capitalize on the exact situation you just described (slept well on a visit to the hotel), some hotels have started to offer these mattresses for sale, most often at ridiculously inflated prices.

I applaud you for taking the time to learn about the componentry, as I think once you discover the specifications of this product that you’ll be able to find something very similar at a much better price. And don’t forget the toppers that may have been used on the mattress, as that is part of the feel that you liked.

One caveat: Just because you slept well for a few nights on a particular mattress doesn’t provide an indication of the quality/durability of the product. That’s why it’s so important to learn about the specifications.

Good luck in your search!
-Jeff

Hi nitz369,

You can read more about hotel mattresses in post #3 here.

The Sheraton Four Points mattress is basically just a Sealy Posturepedic with greatly inflated prices (as Jeff mentioned) and just like the Posturepedic mattresses they use lower quality less durable materials that I would avoid. While they may be “comfortable” … hotel mattresses often use even lower quality materials than their consumer counterparts because they aren’t used as frequently and don’t need to last as long.

I would avoid all the major brands along with any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the quality and durability of the materials inside it (see the guidelines here).

Phoenix