Fox Mattress FOX O PEDIC Anniversary mattress

I have been shopping for a king mattress for a beach condo in the NW Florida area. I rent the unit out occasionally and stay there several times a year as well. Before finding the wealth of info here I was headed in the direction of the Big “S” names and was extremely frustrated. My primary residence is N California/East Bay. I had my first phone meeting with the very friendly and knowledgeable folks over at Fox Mattress in the Daytona Beach area today. I’m really interested in the Fox O Pedic Anniversay mattress. My budget is 1-1.500. I am a side and back sleeper, prefer a medium firm and like the fact that this is a hybrid and offers the traditional 2 sided benefits. It also seems like a solid and flexible unit that can accommodate a variety of body types. Any thoughts on this line is much appreciated. I am really impressed with this company and will be purchasing without trying it. A white glove ship fee of only 99 dollars is an added plus.
Thank you,

Hi Meansh,

I don’t have any personal experience with this mattress so I really can’t make any meaningful comments about how it would feel to me much less to someone else that may have a very different experience on the same mattress.

I would also need to know the specifics of the materials and components inside a mattress to make any meaningful comments about the quality and durability of the materials or the mattress as a whole (see this article). If you can find out the information in the page I linked about the layers and components in the mattress then I’d certainly be happy to make some comments about the materials in the mattress or the mattress as a whole but I do know from my conversations with Rick that they use higher quality and more durable materials in their mattresses than you would find in comparable budget ranges in the mainstream industry and I wouldn’t have any durability concerns about any of their mattresses. Two sided mattresses are also more durable than an equivalent one sided version of the same mattress as long as you rotate and flip it on a regular basis (see post #3 here).

As you probably know … I think very highly of Rick and Fox Mattress and they are one of the members of the site which means I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, and transparency.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in post #13 here but when you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer (such as Fox Mattress) that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

A medium or medium firm mattress would be a good choice for a guest mattress since it will cover a larger part of the bell curve for a wider range of people based on “averages” than softer or firmer choices.

It may also be worth purchasing a softer topper so that those guests that prefer a softer sleeping surface have the option to use the topper as well.

Phoenix