Frustration

I am extremely frustrated! I am a stomach and side sleeper. I have trouble with lower back and hip pain. I thought the Serta IComfort Savant felt good but customer reviews said after 6 months it would sad. I have then tried and liked the “Latex Bliss” Native with or “Easy Rest” 2: 3LB Memory Foam but customers mentioned that sagging as well. The Bliss at Sleep City is “exchange only” and there was no other bed that worked if the Nature failed me. For these prices you can not afford a mistake!

Here are my questions:
1- Is Latex Bliss Nature a reliable bed and good choice with foam for my back problems?
2- Most people seem to get their Latex from Latex International and then make their own beds. Is there a big difference in feel and durability among the makers?
3- Are there stores near Healdsburg, CA that sell Latex blends similar to the Nature sold with a money back guarantee?
4- Is the Easy Rest Foam durable? Are 4Lbs harder than 3Lbs?
5- How do you feel about the Futon Store’s Pure Latex beds?

Thank you!

Hi VitaAmare,

Before you go any further I would suggest reading post #1 here and the information it links to. This will give you the basic information and understanding you need about how to buy a mattress, what to focus on, and what to avoid. It will also help you understand what you are really looking for and the steps to take to find it.

The Nature uses high quality materials and depending on the purchase price can also be “better than average value” compared to major brands but is not usually in the “best value” range (which are usually mattresses made by smaller independent manufacturers). This has nothing to do with back issues however. As you will read the two main functions of a mattress are to relieve pressure points and keep your spine and joints in their neutral alignment. A mattress that does this for you is the one that is “best” for your back even though it may be completely unsuitable for someone else with a back issue. Different body types and sleeping positions tend to need very different mattresses to keep their spine in neutral alignment.in all their sleeping positions.

Latex international is one of two suppliers of Talalay latex (there are many more suppliers of Dunlop latex). A mattress is only as durable as the construction and materials that are in it so if a mattress uses the same components and is made the same way it makes no difference whose name is on the label in durability terms. In terms of feel though there is a huge number of designs, latex firmness levels, and layering combinations that can be used to make latex mattresses with a huge number of different feels and softness/firmness levels.

The better options I’m aware of in the area are listed in post #2 here but you would need to call the ones that are closest to you to find out exactly what they carried and the details of any return policy they have.

The durability of a memory foam depends primarily on the density of the memory foam not on the manufacturer that uses it in their mattresses. In general lower density memory foam will feel softer than higher density foam but this is only a loose connection because any density of foam can be made either firmer or softer and firmness and softness in memory foam is independent of density. The firmness of memory foam also depends on other factors such as heat, humidity, the speed of movement, and the temperature response of the foam. You can see some of the different qualities that can be included in the formulation of memory foam (even of the same density) in post #9 here.

I’m not sure which Futon Store you mean but in general I like all latex mattresses. There are different types of latex and my thoughts on a mattress would always be based on knowing all the materials and layering of the mattressbut a mattress that only contained good quality latex and the ticking and/or quilting materials would be a good quality mattress.

Phoenix