Future latex mattress purchase

First of all, I want to say this is an awesome site. I’ve learned more about mattresses than I thought possible and I’ve learned that I’ve been sleeping on garbage most of my life.

My wife and I are going to buy a new mattress soon. She’s 5’5" 120 lbs and a side sleeper. I’m 5’11" 170 lbs and a back/stomach sleeper. We’re looking at getting a 9-inch “organic” latex mattress from Sleep EZ with side-by-side zoning. As seems to be the case for most people, the most difficult decision is what firmness levels to get in each layer. We’ve tested a bunch of mattresses to figure out our preferences but we’ll never be sure of what we like until we sleep on it.

Sleep EZ has a policy where they allow you to swap out layers for only a $30 shipping charge. Does anyone have experience with this process? And if so, how much smoothly did it go?

Thanks

Hi Shostie,

Post #2 here has links to some of the “theory” about layer thickness and firmness levels but the most effective way to choose is either with your own personal testing or if that isn’t possible with an online purchase then a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer who will know more about their mattresses than anyone else and who will have a set of standard suggestions for different body types and sleeping styles based on their own experience and knowledge (that may be modified based on your testing) and the “averages” of their customers.

While I don’t have personal experience with this (although there are forum members who do) … the process is very simple. They courier the new layer to you and then you replace the layer in your mattress and then ship the old layer back in the same box.

Phoenix