Gardner Mattress Co.

Thanks for a wonderful site! Heading to a Gardner Mattress showroom soon. Am looking for a basic mattress that won’t heat up… have had miserable hot sleeps on foam, gel and latex mattresses. i never had a sleepless night on my old school mattress from the 90s. Am wondering if anyone has had luck with a mattress from Gardner? Thanks.

Hi dreamon,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

You’re very welcome. I hope the information here is helpful to you in selecting a new mattress.

Temperature regulation in a sleep system can be a quite complex subject, but generally speaking the items closest to your skin will have the most dramatic impact upon your sleeping temperature. These items can impact airflow, and depending upon the plushness and type of material being used, can display more or less of an impact upon insulation.

It’s not really possible to quantify the sleeping temperature of a mattress for any particular person with any real accuracy because there are so many variables involved, as well as where you are in the “oven to iceberg” range, and also there is no standardized testing for temperature regulation with different combinations of materials.

There is more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress or sleeping system in post #2 here that can help you choose the types of materials and components that are most likely to keep you in a comfortable temperature range.

If you think you will sleep better on a more “traditional” innerspring product, Gardner (a site member here, which means that I think highly of them) does offer their Traditional Collection that you may find interesting.

I’ll be interested to learn of your visit.

Phoenix

Thank you. Will check out post #2 and let you know how it goes at Gardner. Cheers!

Hi dreamon,

I’ll look forward to your updates.

Phoenix