Gardner Mattress

I had bought a Comfort Support mattress from Gardner 5 years ago, but ended up returning it. See this post:

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/i-think-i-chose-the-wrong-gardner-mattress/11805

We could have exchanged, and I was seriously considering the Organic Ergo, but ultimately I was concerned about having to return a 2nd time and just went to my local MattressFirm instead. 5 years later, we want to upgrade to a king bed, so I’m looking at Gardner again. I’m kind of stuck between the Organic Ergo and the Organic Luxe, where the Luxe adds a 1" layer of talalay latex (on both sides so its flippable). Had you considered the Luxe as well? My concern about the Luxe is that while latex feels nice in the store, I can’t be sure it agrees with me until I sleep on it. The Ergo seems like it would do well as a “base”, well constructed, and long lasting mattress that I could add my own topper layers to if needed in order to adjust the feel.

I’ve ordered a 2" medium talalay topper for Latex Mattress Factory to try out on my current firm mattress from Mattressfirm in order to get a feel of what its like to sleep on latex before I commit to buying a whole mattress.

Any comments/suggestions?