Gel Memory Foam 10" inch Mattress by ExceptionalSheets. Does Anyone have any info?

Hello guys and gals, I am new to the site and would appreciate any feedback you might have.

After doing a ton of reading, I was almost set on a Novosbeds Aria mattress. Then I came across this 10" mattress by ExceptionalSheets. It looks like the mattress is pretty new but the company gets great reviews with their other products. With a $400 difference in cost I wanted to look into this a bit more and see if anyone had any experience with this mattress.

Thank you,
Ryan

Hi fletcher6490,

Their 10" gel memory foam mattress uses 3" of 3 lb memory foam in the top layer which is a lower quality and less durable material than I would consider and would be a weak link in the mattress (see the foam quality guidelines here). I would suggest avoiding it.

There is also more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses.

Phoenix

Is the lb of the memory foam the only way to tell the durability of a bed? I’m also wondering how you know the foam is a lower quality?

Appreciate the feedback

Hi fletcher6490,

Yes … the density of memory foam is the single biggest factor in its quality and durability. You can see the foam quality/density guidelines I would suggest in post #4 here. Although there are other definitions for quality depending on the specific criteria you are measuring … for the most part I use quality and durability synonymously.

Phoenix