Gel memory foam question

I recently purchased the Dreamfoam Ultimate Dreams 10" gel memory foam mattress. Does gel memory foam spring back into shape much faster than regular memory foam? My old memory foam mattress would squish down but if I push my hand into the gel memory foam and take it off, the foam springs right back. Is this normal for gel memory foam?
Thanks!

Hi soup006,

It depends on the specific chemical formulation of the memory foam (or gel memory foam). There is a very wide range of different memory foam formulations with different properties including density, response time, temperature sensitivity, breathability, and firmness. Many of the newer memory foam formulations or gel memory foam formulations are more breathable and have a faster response time than older formulations because of consumer complaints about heat and about the “stuck in sand” feel that can go with some memory foam formulations that have a slower response time. There is more about the different properties that can be formulated into of different types of memory foam (gel or non gel) in post #9 here and in post #8 here.

Phoenix