gel memory foam

Hi Brad,

Lake Mattress in Mooresville is connected with http://www.myluxurymattress.com/ . On the other hand … if you call the factory in Conover first to make an appointment … you can test the Rocky Mountain mattresses line right in Conover (they will meet you at the factory). They are two different lines and companies although both make good quality and value mattresses and you would be choosing between “good” and “good”. Each has a different lineup.

I don’t know the type of gel memory foam that Lake mattress is using but if you call them they will likely tell you. While most manufacturers aren’t releasing any detailed specs about the gel memory foam they are using … you can see my more generic thoughts about the different types in post #26 here.

Other than that, they don’t list the density of their foams (memory foam and polyfoam) so it’s difficult to make a value comparison outside of their all latex mattresses but I would think they will be happy to tell you if they ask. My Luxury mattress does list most of the the foam densities they use on their site and it would be reasonable to assume that the densities are the same or similar. The latex they use is high quality Talalay. My conversations with My Luxury Mattress have been good and I consider them to be knowledgeable and helpful (although there are a few statements on their site I don’t quite agree with and particularly the durability comparisons between Dunlop and Talalay latex).

While they have good value … finding out the suitability of any of their mattresses for any particular person would depend on testing them in person (or on the guidance and skill of the person that was helping you on the phone for an online purchase) and would vary depending on your height/weight/body shape and sleeping positions and preferences.

Of course I think very highly of Rocky Mountain Mattress and their knowledge, service and the value of their products and consider them to be among the “best of the best” which is why they are listed as members of the site.

Phoenix