General bed help - South Dakota

Hi ZRock,

You seem to be in the middle of a local mini- war :slight_smile:

I would be cautious though because the word “foam” is like the word “solid” and all it means is a material that has air bubbles in it. There are 3 main categories of foam (memory foam, polyfoam, and latex foam) and each category has a range of versions from low to high quality and all of them have different costs, durability, and performance so you would want to make sure you were comparing apples to apples and that the “foam” layers were the same type, quality and general layering.

I’m not sure what they are referring to here. Many manufacturers can change out a foam layer unless there is some specific reason that prevents this. Perhaps they use a fire barrier that is glued to the foam rather than part of the cover and the reason is to comply with the fire code.

Again ,… only they can answer this but from your perspective I would make sure you were comparing apples to apples and that the type and quality of foam was the same and the layering and amount of each type of foam was similar as well.

You can read more about the different types of latex and their relative cost and performance in this article along with post #6 here. As you can see the “benefits” of each would also depend on the type of latex you are talking about (talalay or dunlop). If you are talking about Dunlop latex … then synthetic doesn’t last longer than natural no.

Again this depends on their cost of materials and on the differences in their business models as well. Again though … from a consumer perspective apples to apples comparisons are the key. For example … synthetic latex is not an “apples to apples” comparison with natural latex.

Phoenix