General Mattress Comparison Question

Spent some time searching through this forum but could not seem to answer this.

Was wondering how much of a difference there was between buying a sub 1k mattress from a online retailer like Tuft and Needle/Casper/Leesa, versus an over 1k mattress brand thats well thought of here?

Is the money spent on superior quality materials and labor noticeable in terms of comfort?

I know the answer to this question is subjective to each person, but i was wondering if i could get a general idea of what people thought.

Just ordered a Tuft and Needle 10 btw.

Thanks,
John

Hi jpak19,

That’s a very broad question and much too general to give any kind of meaningful or specific answer because it would depend on the specifics of the two mattresses you are comparing and on all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

There is more information about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability, durability, and “value”.

There is also more about the “one choice fits all” mattresses such as Tuft & Needle, Casper, and Leesa in post #3 here.

Lower quality materials and less durable materials can feel the same as higher quality more durable materials in a showroom or when a mattress is new … they just don’t maintain their original properties and their comfort and support for as long and will need to be replaced more quickly.

You certainly made a good quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix