Getting closer to a decsion

Hi BGFalcon,

I don’t keep a record of the specs of the specific mattresses that are made by the hundreds of different manufacturers that are listed in the various lists throughout the forum or that are made by the members here (it would be too much for anyone to keep up with in a constantly changing market) and there are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to make specific mattress suggestions that would be a good “match” for someone else based on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) so I can’t make any specific mattress suggestions.

Having said that … a local manufacturer may be able to build a mattress that matches your criteria. Off the top of my head I also believe that The Original Mattress Factory in Dallas makes a two sided latex mattress with a Dunlop core and Talalay comfort layers. My Green Mattress also has a two sided latex mattress with Talalay comfort layers but it has a 100% natural Talalay middle layer instead of Dunlop. Royal Bedding here also makes a two sided latex mattress with a Dunlop core but they use softer continuous pour Dunlop in the comfort layers. Another option that may be worthwhile considering would be to buy a mattress with a firmer single 6" Dunlop core and then add a Talalay topper for your comfort layer.

I would be very cautious about buying a “finished” mattress that doesn’t have individual component layers or that would be very costly to return for any “fine tuning” changes that may be necessary because if a mattress you purchase isn’t a good match for you in terms of PPP and you need to return or exchange a complete mattress that needs to be shipped with a common carrier and the return shipping isn’t “subsidized” with a specific return policy then it can be very costly.

Phoenix