GhostBed rating with BBB

I am wondering why TMU has a relationship with them. Curious to hear other folks experiences

Hey saeakin,

Welcome to The Mattress Underground :slight_smile: ! Thanks for your question.

Posting a review site’s rating without any further comment seems a bit odd. Do you have a particular issue that you need help resolving? To quote Phoenix directly from this recent post:

“My experience with GhostBed is that they are true to their word, honor their policies, support, and treat their customers with respect (despite any inadvertent “hiccups” that might happen along the way).”

Let us know what your concerns are and how TMU may help with your situation.

Thanks,
Sensei

Thank you for your consideration to purchase a GhostBed.

We hope to be given a fair chance to address your concerns.

Our goal is for our customers to have wonderful experiences when shopping with GhostBed. We like to treat you not just like another customer but family. When that isn’t possible due to things beyond our control, our next objective is to fix the problem quickly and prevent any further annoyance on the customers end.

So we do respond to all BBB requests to work with our customers and not “ghost” them. We also work closely with The Mattress Underground that has vetted us as a mattress provider that does respond back in a timely manner and address any concerns brought up in the MU mattress forum community

ATTENTION READERS

GhostBed is a trusted service for over 5 years. GhostBed is a service of Nature’s Sleep that has over 20 years of experience in providing a better night’s sleep. GhostBed is proud to have earned over 35,000 positive 5-star reviews to reflect the company in a better light. As we strive to deliver on our promise to provide a better mattress at a more affordable price. Which is backed by an industry leading 20+ year warrantee beyond the 101-night sleep trial guarantee.

Rest assured that the service is legit and backed with a leading US based multi-lingual customer service team that is available to provide personal service 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

If you ever have any concerns, we hope that you will reach out to our dedicated customer service team.

We care more about you, your comfort, and overall customer satisfaction more than words will allow us to express. We truly consider you as part of our GhostBed Family.

Sincerely,

The GhostBed Family

Hi saeakin.

I’d be also interested to know if there is a particular issue that you need help resolving.
Thank you GhostBed and Sensei for your prompts to determine if there are any eventual issues that need resolving.

Regarding the Better Business Bureau, I am not a big fan of the BBB for many reasons and you can see some of my older thoughts about the BBB in post #3 and #4 here and points #1 and #5 in the comments here from another subscriber and in post #4 here . I did not check up lately but personally, I am not fully confident that they have straightened up all wrinkles.

While I can see BBB’s overall rating, I can also see that most of the Covid era issues and disturbances were resolved. This speaks a great deal about GB’s approach. From what I read on BBB, GB appears to take swift action as soon as issues are raised there. On our forum, they take swift action to resolve subscriber issues. If anything, I find it refreshing that they are not shoving under the carpet any issues that come up as some other industry players do in an attempt is to scrub off clean negative reports around the internet.

This said we are encouraging our Mattress Forum subscribers to share their direct experiences with a product and company as we are keenly aware that third-party ratings/reports can be misleading and, in some cases, manipulated (especially if generated automatically). You’ve received several prompts from both the Manufacturer themselves and the moderators of this site to provide some context and your personal experience if you have one.

As this is your first post since you registered on 2021-07-02 on The Mattress Underground, your one-line sentence unsubstantiated by your own experiences raised a few eyebrows. We never take lightly anything like this. While your question can be legitimate, from where we stand sometimes innocent questions like this can also be “innocently” used by business competitors keen to raise doubts and cast a shadow on a particular competitor.

To answer your pointed question, TMU has lengthy discussions with prospective members and checks any company that we consider adding to our community against a set of very rigorous criteria before vetting them. We have determined that GhostBed company fully qualified for TMU membership. Additionally, since GB joined our community of trusted Members, all subscriber concerns raised on our Forum have been swiftly and favorably resolved to consumer’s satisfaction as can be quickly seen with a forum search. We found that while not perfect, GhostBed has been working relentlessly and with honesty to maintain its long-earned reputation.

In our efforts to reorganize the already overwhelming amount of consumer and Trusted Member contributions, when in doubt we reserve the right to remove postings that are unsubstantiated and tend to confuse the readers.

Phoenix

My experience, long story short/ I bought a mattress, tried to return it, they said I couldn’t return it. I now have a very uncomfortable $1800 mattress in my crawl space. I don’t know why they are a trusted member either. There are so many people with the exact same story everywhere. F rating with the bbb. Only company I’ve ever dealt with in my life that denied a return. So avoid at all costs regardless of what their paid employee says in here.

Hi raincityrob,

While we understand your frustration, it was explained to you several weeks ago that due to your choice in how you resolved your GB complaint, the matter is now solely in the hands of your financial institution.

This forum has many functions, but none of them are to repeatedly return to the forum to leave disparaging posts, and comments in others’ posts rehashing your feelings toward GhostBed. You have left multiple posts in the last 24 hours ‘bashing’ GhostBed and you need to please desist in future to avoid the necessity of restricting your account.

Our goal is to be as unbiased as possible and provide a forum for consumers to share their experiences with products, and seek answers to their questions. When there is a complaint with one of our members we try to help resolve it…once those efforts are stopped by a consumers’ actions, however , we consider the matter is closed. There is no valid reason to intercept and revive old posts (some of them over 2 years old) to vent your frustrations over against GhostBed.

We usually ban posters that come back with a vengeance to lash back but in his case we decided to only suspend your ability to post for a couple of weeks so that you have a chance to cool off.

Finally, one word of caution about storing the bed in the crawl space in humid or moldy conditions. You may be better off trying to sell the bed if someone wants to buy it after it has been opened and make a note that you are reacting strongly to the smell of latex or wool…you can post in the Buy & Sell topic in the forum, but we won’t take any responsibility for the condition of the bed or have anything to do with the sale of the bed. This is solely just lending a helpful hand to help offset such a costly situation. I have also sent you a PM, you should be able to respond to it if you want to take advantage of the buy/sell option before the 2 weeks suspension ends.

~ Basilio