Gilde Away Intiution Bliss Mattress Review

In trying to avoid the costly expense of a tempurpedic, I went to an outlet mattress store and found a foam bed made by a company called Glideaway. The line of mattresses is called Intuition, and the specific mattress is called the Bliss.

Does anyone know about the quality and durability of their foam, or know where I can find reviews on their mattresses? I’m having difficulty finding any information.

Thanks!

Hi handorson,

Glideaway makes Sleep Harmony mattresses which include some good quality and value models. You can read a little more about them in post #4 here.

They are Chinese manufactured but they are CertiPur certified* which is the same foam safety certification as many of the memory foam manufacturers that are in North America.

ADMIN NOTE: *Removed 404 link|Archived Footprint: certipur.us/pages/for-consumers/find-products/

Regardless of the manufacturer … a mattress is only as good as its construction and the quality of the materials in the mattress so it’s important to get a spec sheet or a description of all the layers which includes the thickness and density of the memory foam and polyfoam layers but Sleep Harmony tend to use good quality materials (including 5 lb memory foam and high density 2 lb or greater base foams).

In case you haven’t read it yet … post #1 here has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choices and includes some guidelines that will help you test a mattress to make sure it is suitable for your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences).

I would personally put much more weight into your own careful and objective personal testing and knowing the quality/durability of the materials in a mattress than on reviews which are normally written by consumers who may have very different needs and preferences and perceptions than your own and generally know little about the type or quality of the materials in their mattress or the differences between different mattress materials and components. You can read more about reviews in post #13 here.

Phoenix