Going Latex - Simple Foundation

Hi Phoenix,

My wife and I are upgrading our mattress from Queen to King. She was ready to buy from a big box retailer and then I found The Mattress Underground. Your mattress forum is so informative! I really appreciate how you present the facts and help us to make an informative choice based on our needs.

So I have read a large portion of the site and now feel pretty informed [have been able to annoy my wife with all the knowledge I have gained :)]. We tried out several latex and hybrid mattress as stores in the Seattle area including Soaring heart. Although we liked their mattress we couldn’t justify the cost premium for certified organic [the information in the form helped us with this decision]… So I think we have settled on the 9 inch firm latex mattress from SleepOnLatex.

One question - do you have any suggestions for a “cheaper” foundation? SleepOnLatex doesn’t appear to sell foundations. Can we just use a slated foundation directly on our hardwood bedroom floor? We are going to be remolding soon and would rather hold off on spending a bunch of money on a nice foundation until the remodel is complete.

Any suggestions and vendors would be appreciated.

Thanks for creating/managing this awesome Blog.

Patrick

Hi firedog127,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Thank you – I’m glad you’ve found the information presented here to be helpful.

Both Soaring Heart and Sleep On Latex are members of this site which means that I think very highly of them and that I believe that they compete well with the best in the industry in terms of their quality, value, service, knowledge, and transparency. They are extremely knowledgeable about latex and different configurations, and I would not hesitate to recommend them for your consideration.

You may wish to take a look at something like US Box Spring makes in the foundation thread here.

You certainly could place a foundation directly upon the floor without damaging it or the mattress, and then place it upon some sort of a frame or bed set once you are done with the remodel.

Phoenix