Good mattress Outlets in Northeast PA

Hello,

I am really in the need for a new mattress every day my old one gets worse and has major sags and indents in it i wake up very sore lol. I spent some time in some of the retailer stores (sears, hh gregg, etc) and seem to like the Tempurpedic models but the seem way too expensive i have shoulder/back problems and i am looking for the best type of mattress with regards to that. I am also a side sleeper and i hate to be hot when i sleep. I probably have not had a good nights sleep in about 3 months so its time to buy something asap. If the tempurpedic is going to be the best for me i dont mind spending the money if its really necessary but after spending a lot of time reading on this site it seems i can do just as good if not better and come out cheaper as well. I want to thank Phoenix for the great wealth of information provided on this site and forums.

I was wondering if anyone knows any good mattress outlets in Northeastern Pennsylvania in the Wilkes Barre/ Scranton area

Thanks!

Hey viper20,

Interestingly enough I have close friend that lives out in Carbondale, which is close to Scranton. I wanted to help so I asked her what she thought. Her recommendations for mattress shopping was Furniture Connection which is in between Carbondale and Scranton. She said they were fairly priced and have a great selection. Also, they are knowledgeable and helped when she bought hers. Also, she recommended Sleepy’s Dickson City as another great mattress outlet. Hope this helps! :cheer:

Hey SleepforDavis

Thanks for asking your friend about this, i really appreciate it

Thanks!

Hi viper20,

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here.

I would avoid Sleepys or any other chain store (see this article).

Phoenix

Hey Phoenix,

Thanks for the update! I actually visited a few today and really like this Therapedic model at EFO its an eco gel sapphire can you please look at the specs and let me know what you think:

Fabric - Stretch EcoGel with zippered cover
FR - FR sock around foam core
Quilting - Smooth top
Foundation - Upholestery quality laminated border
Warranty - 10 year non prorated
Core/Upholstery - 2 inch Talalay Latex
2 inch Layer of Eco-based Gel memory foam
1 Layer Dyna Flow cooling fabric
2 inch - 5# Hi support memory foam
1 inch FT18200 2.0 Density 18 IFD Latex enhanced foam
6 inch - 1.8 high density foam

Thanks so much!

Also this will be a king bed i weight 210 pounds at 5"11 and my wife is about 135 pounds

Thanks!

Hi viper20,

This looks like the same specs as the Therapedic Blue Heaven and you can see some of my thoughts about it in post #15 here and post #3 here and post #7 here. There are no weak links in this mattress and if careful testing indicates that it’s a good match for both of you in terms of PPP and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are important to you then it would be well worth considering.

Phoenix