Got an OSO, tried both sides, lower back pain on both sides

Hi sahilkpal,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

I’m sorry you’re not sleeping as comfortably as you would like with your new OSO mattress. I want to be sure I’m understanding you correctly (I don’t mean to be too literal), but the OSO mattress doesn’t have a “soft” and “firm” side in the sense that most people would assume (flipping one side versus the other). It has the DreamCell area located under the shoulder area, which allows for a bit more sinking in of that region, or if you spin the mattress 180 degrees the DreamCells would then be under your knee area and the product would feel “firmer” under your shoulders. I’m guessing this is what you’re referring to as the “soft” and “firm” orientations, right? I just want to be sure in my assumptions.

It is possible that you desire a little more surface “contouring” than what your OSO currently provides, you may just prefer the sleeping “in” feeling of memory foam versus sleeping “on” feeling that is a bit more common with latex comfort layers.

Zinus is a Chinese manufacturer that uses mostly low / mid quality materials although they are CertiPur certified. They are most commonly sold under many brand names in big box stores and elsewhere. Post #6 here talks about about mattresses imported from Asia or China (which I think is what you would have read) and which may have been compressed for long periods of time in either shipping or storage before being purchased and a forum search on Zinus (you can just click this) will bring up more information and feedback about some of their brands and mattresses. Being sourced in China would make this somewhat of a risky purchase IMO.

I would keep the item in what you’re referring to the “soft” configuration (DreamCells under your shoulder area) for the remaining time you keep the product.

Novosbed has a Comfort+ kit that they can send you to customize their mattress that you can zip into their product to help customize the feel if things don’t turn out as well as you had hoped. With what you’re describing, with my “theory at a distance” goggles, it seems as you prefer the feel of memory foam or something with more layers of point elasticity on top, which the Novosbed might provide for you.

The Addable will have less surface comfort memory foam than the Novosbed. They certainly use good quality componentry for the price range.

This mattress would be closer to the Novosbed in the amount of memory foam in the upper layers and perhaps a better chance at more pressure point relief than the Addable.

This would be more “similar” to the OSO mattress (without the DreamCells), so would may not provide as much pressure relief as the Novosbed and the Alexander Signature.

As you are probably aware, Novosbed, Addable, Nest Bedding (Alexander Signature) and SleepEZ (Kiss Mattress), and Reverie (OSO mattress) are all members of the site, which means that I think highly of them. And the good news is that you had the foresight to choose a mattress (OSO) that has a good return policy, so if you decide to return it I would be sure to place a phone call and have a detailed conversation with any of the manufacturers you’re considering, letting them know what you’ve already tried and did and didn’t like. Their guidance will be your best ally in determining what they offer that might provide you the best chance at success.

I’ll be interested in learning about your future progress.

Phoenix