got the new mattresses now the next question

So made our way to texas mattress. This is a place I would not have ventured into without knowing about it first…
We purchased two, a full size Belle AIRE for my daughter and a queen size CANNES for me.
They both (so far, 5 days) are great.
Her new bed is on a metal frame (free with the bed).
Mine is on a wooden slat frame (that is attached to a head and foot board).
Is there a certain number of slats we should look at and is the metal frame ok.
ps. note the salesman called her a “pencil” when I asked about her "breaking in her mattress, it will probably never happen, she is very thin.

Hi poppyone,

As you know I think highly of Texas Mattress Makers and I think you made some good quality/value choices.

Congratulations on your new mattresses :slight_smile:

If you mean a standard steel bedframe like some of the ones mentioned here … then you would also need a foundation to support the mattress because the bedframe by itself isn’t meant to use directly under a mattress.

[quote]Mine is on a wooden slat frame (that is attached to a head and foot board).
Is there a certain number of slats we should look at and is the metal frame ok.[/quote]

If you have a wooden bedframe with 5 slats or so then it would be designed to be used with a foundation or box spring.

If you have a platform bedframe that is designed to be used directly under a mattress without a foundation then Texas Mattress Makers will be able to tell you if it meets the warranty requirements for the mattress you purchased and if it doesn’t then they also sell a foundation that would be suitable as well.

There is also more about the different types of support systems that are generally suitable for different types of mattresses in the foundation post here (and the posts it links to in the second paragraph) but if you need a foundation for your mattress then the simplest approach would generally be to order the foundation or box spring that is supplied by the manufacturer and is designed to go with your mattress.

Phoenix

Thanks I will ask them.

Made a small contribution for all your hard work. thank you.

Hi poppyone,

Thank you for the very generous donation … I appreciate it!

Phoenix