Gothic Cabinet Memory Foam Mattress

Hey Team,

First post, but been reading this site ever since the mattress hunt began. I’m about 90% ready to pull the trigger on the below mattress:

http://www.gothiccabinetcraft.com/gel-infused-memory-foam-queen/

they also have a captain storage platform like so:

I went to the show room and managed to get both for 1700.

First off, there hasn’t been any word on this mattress from GC - I wonder who makes it or if its legit. or should I hold off and buy the mattress .

any assistance would be appreciated, btw - I am 6’3 195 lbs side and stomach sleeper, my wife 5’6 133 and she sleeps on her side.

thanks !!
B)

Hi baronck,

I can only speak to the quality/value of the mattress you are considering which is made by Primo International which is an importer of mainly lower quality Asian mattresses that tends to use low quality/density memory foam in their mattresses. You can see it here at Wayfair as well.

This mattress uses 4.5" of low quality memory foam (less than 4 lbs) and is also not CertiPur certified and doesn’t meet the guidelines I would suggest using when purchasing a memory foam mattress … particularly at this price.

ADMIN NOTE: *Removed 404 link|Archived Footprint: certipur.us/pages/for-consumers/find-products/

I would avoid it for several reasons including that it’s not particularly good value, because the quality of the upper layers (the weak link of a mattress) is low, and because it uses Asian memory foam that is not CertiPur certified.

Phoenix

thank you Phoenix, you are always on point.

I’ll probably still buy the base as it matches our closet units. But looks like i may pony up for the Dream foam and order it from BB.

Hi baronck,

That would certainly be a higher quality and more durable choice :slight_smile:

Phoenix