Grandbed

Wife really likes the grand bed, but like most people the cost is just too much. What alternatives are out there a it’s so hard to compare given all the different measures, materials, etc… Would prefer something we can actually see locally first, just north of the Charlotte area, but if only option is online ordering it needs to have an excellent reputation (reviews and bbb), as well as risk free and easy return policy.

Secondly, what are the thoughts of the forum on adjustable beds. We have no health reasons to need one, the idea is tempting, but concerned for us it may just be an added expense we end up not using much like all the options on a camera. We have seen the ergo 400 online as a popular alternative to the Tempur-pedic premier version.

Himkincade,

The first place to start your research in case you haven’t read it is post #1 here which has all the basic information, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices. There are many ways to “match” one mattress to another which includes the quality of the materials (which you can’t “feel” and on the feel and performance of a mattress (which you can feel). There is more about trying to “match” one mattress to another in post #9 here but every difference between two mattresses in terms of the specific type of foam used can mean a difference in how a mattress feels and performs even if the quality/durability of the materials or even the design are the same.

The “read first” post also includes a link to some of the better online memory foam manufacturers and retailers I’m aware of and some of these make specific comparisons in terms of how their mattresses compare to the Tempurpedic line in terms of “feel”, quality of materials, and design and would certainly be alternatives worth considering. Some of them also have a great return policy (where they pay for shipping both ways).

Some of the better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Charlotte area are listed in post #2 here.

Post #3 here and the adjustable bed thread it links to may be helpful. I know from my own personal experience that we really enjoy our own adjustable bed and use it’s elevation features a fair bit although we don’t use the massage nearly as much.

Of course with all things that involve personal preference there would be a very wide range of opinions about the “value” of all the various features that are available with adjustable beds.

Phoenix