greenmattressfactory.com VS mattresses.net

Is there a clear consensus as to which of these 2 companies is preferred? I want to buy 100% natural talalay latex throughout.
I am debating Zen I from greenmattressfactory.com which is 3 x 3 inch layers 100% natural Talalay, then organic wool, then organic cotton.
I am debating 1 x 6 inch layer plus 2 inch topper (both 100% natural Talalay) from mattresses.net, then natural wool, then organic cotton. They natural New Zealand wool rather than organic, but uses organic cotton.
I’ve read that greenmattressfactory.com had some issues a couple years ago. Is this still true? I wasn’t able to find them on this site since the search is limited to 20 characters. The entire greenmattressfactory.com site shows all the certifications they have and it seems like a completely clean mattress. But I’ve heard that they share factory space with another company (not sure if this is true or not). As for mattresses.net, it says they manufacture Talalay in their Phoenix factory, which I know nothing about. I also do not see any certifications on their site, however I have read that the general consensus on these forums is to trust them. Can anyone offer me some help?

I looked at greenmattressfactory, but discovered that apparently this company goes out of business every couple of years, leaving customers and suppliers in the dust, then reopens under a new name. A little research seems to corroborate this. You could start with this:

For a few dollars more, purchased a mattress from a reputable company that’s been in business for 40 years.

Several online sellers are members of this site and appear reputable. Phoenix will give you a list of local companies as well.

Good luck!

Thanks. Looking forward to a Phoenix response. Also, I live in Los Angeles.

Hi cristano1,

I think that Sleepy1 has provided the same warning as I would. You can read more about their history in post #6 here and the links it contains and a forum search on greenmattressfactory (you can just click this) will bring up more posts about them as well. I have also talked with others in the industry who were affected by their history that isn’t mentioned in any of this and there is more to their story than you will read (as bad as it is).

I would call them “buyer beware”.

There are many great choices to buy a good quality and value mattresses where you wouldn’t have to deal with a questionable business or people including mattresses.net which is a member of this site (which means that I believe they are among the best quality and value in the country).

The list of the better options in the Los Angeles area is in post #2 here and it also includes one of the members here.

Phoenix