Guidance Please

Hi Lindsey,

SRugs has already mentioned the closest factory direct manufacturer to you in Fayetteville (thank you :)).
Posts #2 and #5 here in the same thread will give you some of my thoughts on OMF and on some of the other local options if they are too far for a “mattress drive”.

The Majestic sleep is made by Serta which means that the value is likely to be on the lower end of the scale. Even worse is that you would be buying something where the layers in the mattress may be completely unknown which means there is no way to know what the weak link of the mattress is or be able to compare it to other mattresses that may use better quality materials and sell for lower prices. This article will give you a few guidelines which can help you avoid most of the traps and pitfalls of mattress shopping.

Some of my thoughts on the iComfort lineup (which I also think is questionable quality and not great value) is in post #11 here.

When you are looking at memory foam or really any “plush” layers in the top of a mattress … it’s also important to make sure that the layer thickness is “just enough” to provide you with the pressure relief you need so that it’s not so thick that it isolates you from the firmer support layers of the mattress which can lead to sleeping out of alignment and some of the back issues that can be a result of this.

Most important of all is to make sure that whereever you buy from that they are open about the quality of the materials in your mattress (will show you the layering and the specs of all the materials) so you can have a good idea of the quality and the real value of the mattress you are considering and be able to make meaningful comparisons.

Good luck in your “mattress hunt” … and feel free to post if you have questions along the way.

Phoenix