Hampton Roads dealers?

I’m just starting my search for a new mattress. I’ve started reading up on materials and construction, and plan to read the tutorial before I go shopping. I’d like to support a local business. CozyPure is just a few miles away, but they’re way outside my budget. One friend loves his Sleep Number, another recommended Mattropolis, and I was curious about Original Mattress Factory. If you have opinions on any of these, or other suggestions regarding reliable dealers in Southeastern Virginia, I’d really appreciate it. I’d rather stay in Tidewater but I’m willing to go to Richmond if necessary. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Hi nancygoldsteingoldstein,

As you will see when you read the tutorial post … the brand name of a mattress makes little difference because outside of how well a mattress matches your specific needs and preferences in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) … a mattress is only as good as the quality of the materials inside it regardless of the name of the manufacturer.

You can see my thoughts about Airbeds in this article. For those who decide that they prefer an airbed anyway then there is a list of many of the manufacturers that make them in post #3 here and there would be many better choices than Sleep Number.

Mattropolis sells major brands which I would tend to avoid (see the guidelines here).

Original Mattress Factory makes some good quality/value mattresses and perhaps most importantly they are transparent about the materials they use inside them. They would certainly be well worth a visit.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Norfolk/Hampton/Newport News area are listed in post #2 here.

Phoenix