Has anyone yet shopped at Nebraska Furniture Mart near Plano, Texas?

Just found this site and am overwhelmed but impressed and thankful. Does anyone have recommendations pro or con regarding shopping at a large store like Nebraska Furniture Mart?

Hi whatsupdrk,

Although I would generally avoid the major brands and most of the chain stores that carry them (see the guidelines here) … you can see some comments about Nebraska Furniture Mart in this topic and they do carry a few brands that may be worth including in your research as long as they are willing and able to find out the specs of any of the mattresses you are considering there (see this article) … and they did tell me they would call the factory if they don’t have the specs you need available. I would tend to focus on the Omaha Bedding, Southerland, and Bios mattresses that they carry because your odds of being able to find out what you need to make an informed choice with these manufacturers are higher than they would be with the other brands they carry.

There is more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here that can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses regardless of the store that sells them or the name of the manufacturer on the label.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in the Dallas / Ft Worth areas (subject to the quality/value guidelines I linked) are also listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix