Haynes Restonic Utopia Talalay Latex - anyone have any experience with this mattress?

Hi AT,

I would always consider PPP and how well you are likely to sleep on a mattress as the most important priority since if a mattress isn’t a good match for you in terms of PPP it would have little value to you regardless of the price or the quality and durability of the materials.

I looked through your previous posts and I didn’t see the city or zip code where you live but post #2 here includes several links to some of the forum lists in Virginia (I’m guessing that you may be working through the Richmond list?).

I don’t keep a record of the individual mattresses that the retailers and manufacturers in the hundreds of forum lists throughout the forum carry on their floor (it would be a bigger job than anyone could keep up with in a constantly changing market) but checking their websites and making some preliminary phone calls to the retailers/manufacturers that are on the lists that are in reasonable driving distance is always a good idea before you visit any store anyway. This will tell you which of them carry mattresses that would meet your specific criteria, are transparent about the quality and durability of the materials in their mattresses (see this article), and that carry the type of mattresses that you are interested in testing in the budget range you are comfortable with. Once you have checked their websites and/or talked with the ones that interest you then you will be in a much better position to decide on the ones that you are most interested in visiting based on the results of your preliminary research and conversations.

There are also some sources for innerspring/latex hybrids in post #2 here and the post it links to. Some of them have a dealer locator on their site or you could also call to see if any of them have any dealers in your area that would give you a chance to test their mattresses as well.

Precompressing a polyfoam layer before it’s used can help to open up some of the cell membranes in the foam which can help remove any “false firmness” from the layer and shorten the break in period.

I’m glad to see that they corrected themselves although it wouldn’t just be “these beds” because any latex that is made with pincores in a mold or on a belt would have vertical pincore holes.

Phoenix