Healthy Back Bliss Serenity Pure Latex Mattress

Phoenix - This forum/site is a great resource for people researching mattresses. We tried few mattresses and liked Serenity Pure Latex Mattress at Healthy back. It was a 8 inch queen mattress and possibly the firmest one they had on display. We liked it a lot after putting 2 inch memory foam on top of it. That combination was great for both of us.

Now, I don’t know how to go about finding an online store with good value for duplicating Serenity Pure Latex Mattress. We can get 2 inch memory foam topper from any place but I don’t know too much about the construction of this mattress except what they have on their website. I will appreciate your help to find good value online for a mattress similar to Healthy Back Bliss Serenity Pure Latex.

I am in Washington DC area but I have no issue to buy online as long as I can get good value for similar product.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Buffet,

The first step in trying to approximate another mattress is to find out the specifics of the layers in the one you are trying to approximate. I don’t know the specifics of the Serenity but based on the description it would likely be close to the second version of the Pure Latex Bliss Pamper (see the specs here) except the top layer would be Talalay GL fast response (probably 21 ILD) and the bottom 1" layer may be polyfoam (like the first version). It’s also possible that it has the latex in the bottom layer (like the second version) or it may even be closer to the third version of the PLB mattresses here (which replaced the bottom 1" layer of latex and added it to the top layer). The bottom inch of foam would have less effect on the feel and performance of the mattress but a different thickness in the top layer would make a bigger difference.

In addition to this … there are many versions of memory foam so you would also need to choose a memory foam topper that was as close as possible to the characteristics and density of the memory foam topper you tried (you can see more in post #9 here about the ways that different types of memory foam can differ from each other).

The cover would also play a role in the feel and performance of each mattress so it would be important to make sure that you used a similar unquilted stretch knit cover…

There is more about duplicating another mattress and the different ways that may be possible in post #9 here.

If you are able to match the thickness, firmness, and types of foam in all the layers or the sleeping system and used a very comparable cover then you would have a close approximation in terms of design and “feel”. How possible this was would depend on whether the online manufacturer or retailer you were dealing with had layers and components available that were the same or very similar to the layers of the mattress you are trying to approximate and this would take a more detailed phone conversation with each manufacturer you are considering.

They may also have some ideas of different layer combinations that would “translate” into something roughly equivalent in terms of feel or comfort/support even though they aren’t the same design.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=23514]Hi Buffet,

It’s also possible that it has the latex in the bottom layer (like the second version) or it may even be closer to the third version of the PLB mattresses here (which replaced the bottom 1" layer of latex and added it to the top layer). The bottom inch of foam would have less effect on the feel and performance of the mattress but a different thickness in the top layer would make a bigger difference.

[/quote]

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I think they have 1 inch at bottom for sure if we go by their dimension diagram given on
http://www.healthyback.com/products/Healthyback/Healthy-back-bliss-serenity-pure-latex-mattress/813

It says -

1. Pressure Relief Talalay SS Latex 1"
  2. Support Talalay S Latex 6"
  3. Stabilization Base 1"

Based on what you are saying here and an older thread it seems,

LatexBLISS uses 450-480 Gram Weight fabric
LatexBLISS Milliken?s Paladin Fire Resistant Barrier

1 - Talalay GL fast response (probably 21 ILD) - 1" ( In some older post you were saying this model has Celsion latex so I guess that’s another name for this fast response latex )

2 - 6" Natural Talalay Latex 40 ILD

3 - 1" layer may be poly foam or 50 ILD Talalay latex [ Since it won’t change the experience too much it’s fine in either case ]

While looking up this model , I bumped into your description of bliss models in some older thread.

https://forum.mattressunderground.com/t/need-assistance-with-tallalay-latex-mattresses

I think heat should not be that big an issue with latex. Also, we don’t really have any problem of feeling hot. I guess Celsion latex layer may make it bit cooler.

Hi Buffett,

Talalay GL fast response used to be called Celsion but they both are blended Talalay latex that uses phase change gel in the forumulation.

[quote]I think they have 1 inch at bottom for sure if we go by their dimension diagram given on
www.healthyback.com/products/Healthyback...e-latex-mattress/813[/quote]

This is the diagram for the first version of PLB and theirs has always used the Celsion / Talaay GL fast response material and the diagram may not be current. They should be able to provide you with the specifics or confirm the diagram is accurate (and what the bottom 1" of material is although it’s not an issue in terms of quality or durability).

Heat is not typically an issue with Talalay latex although there are other factors involved with temperature regulation than can lead to a mattress sleeping warmer for some people no matter what type of foam is used (see post #2 here). The gel in the Celsion / Talalay GL fast response material would add some temporary temperature regulating benefits while you are going to sleep until temperatures equalized. Ventilation and moisture wicking are always the most important temperature regulating technology in a mattress.

Phoenix