Heartland Mattresses

Living in the Texas panhandle area, I had more or less resigned myself to having to purchase a name brand mattress, as nothing else seemed to be available in the Amarillo/Lubbock area. However, I recently found that a small Amish furniture store carries handcrafted mattresses from a small manufacturer in Indiana called “Heartland Mattress.” There doesn’t appear to be much online about this company, but they do seem to offer some information about the type of materials that they use in their mattresses. Does anyone know more about this company? This is their modest website: http://issuu.com/rockwoodamishfurniture/docs/heartland_mattress__13?e=6363824/3582500

Hi B. Winoosk,

There are some very good Amish local manufacturers in the country that use high quality materials in their mattresses and are typically good quality and value. Most of them have a very low profile and in some cases don’t even have a phone. For those that are within reasonable driving distance they are well worth a visit.

There are a few of them mentioned on the site in various areas (see this post which has 3 for example) but I wasn’t aware of Heartland. It’s always great when I can add another good local manufacturer to my list and I really appreciate you letting me know that they exist :).

I’ve also added them to the Fort Wayne / South Bend, IN list here.

I tried to call them but they aren’t open on Saturdays so I’ll try again next week but I would certainly consider any of the mattresses they make whether they were from the factory itself or a retailer that carries them and given the information on their website I think that the information about the materials they use in each mattress would be easily available so you can make good quality and value comparisons. They certainly fit the profile of the types of manufacturers I like to deal with.

Nice catch … and thanks again!

Phoenix

PS: There also isn’t a local list for the Amarillo / Lubbock area and when I have the chance over the next few days I’ll take a look to see what the better possibilities in the area may be.

ADDED: These are some of the options that may be worth considering on a “mattress by mattress” basis in the Amarillo / Lubbock area (out of about 50 or so that I found on a deep google search) but as always I would make sure you are able to find out the specifics of any mattress you are considering …

AMARILLO, TX:

Denver Mattress® - The Easiest Way to Get the Right Mattress Amirillo, Lubbock, TX. Regional factory direct manufacturer that makes a wide range of mattresses including innersprings, memory foam, hybrids, and latex. There is some good quality/value here but I would avoid the major brands they also carry.

http://rockwoodamishfurniture.com/index.php Amarillo and Lubbock, TX. They carry Heartland mattresses who make latex, memory foam and traditional innerspring mattresses using high quality materials. There is an article about them here

http://www.mattressexpressamarillo.com/ Amarillo, TX. Talked with one of the owners and they carry Boyd, Southerland, and mLily. They will provide specs to the degree that the manufacturers provide them and understands that they are important. Good guy.

http://www.furnitureamarillo.com/
http://buzulafurniture.com/inv/index.php?route=common/home Amarillo, TX. Sleep Designs, Spring Air, Enso. I talked with them and they are happy to provide densities to the best of their ability and understand its importance.

LUBBOCK, TX:

Denver Mattress® - The Easiest Way to Get the Right Mattress Amirillo, Lubbock, TX. See the comments under Amarillo.

http://www.mathisbrothers.com/home Lubbock, TX. Carries Lady Americana, Ecocomfort, and Sweda which are the manufacturers I would consider here.

The Sleep Station | Mattress & Bedding Products for Sale | Bryan/College Station, Texas Lubbock, TX. Carries Pure Talalay Bliss which are high quality Talalay latex mattresses.

Phoenix

Thanks!

Heartland Mattress is a family owned and operated in Northern Indiana.
This Company was started in 2009 and has Retail locations throughout the US. Website www.heartlandmattress.net
Heartland Mattress was started due to the major downturn in the RV industry during the recession. I lost my job and decided to go in a different direction. One of the best things that could have happened to me!

Hey hmattress,

Welcome to the Mattress Underground :slight_smile: !

Thanks for the updated info on Phoenix’s earlier post. Just offering a kind reminder in case you aren’t familiar withthe TMU forum rules:

“We do not allow self-promotion or advertising in the forum. The forum is meant to be educational and not a competitive advertising space for manufacturers, retail stores, or others that are part of the industry. Manufacturers and retailers or others in the industry are of course always welcome to post educational information that may help educate and inform members but any links or references to a specific website will be removed (except a username may contain the business name). If you are part of the industry in some capacity then it’s required that you disclose your role or position in the industry. The name of the specific business you are part of isn’t necessary but an introductory first post that discloses who you are and the specific business you are from (without a link or self-promotion) is welcome but optional. Businesses may also of course answer any specific questions or requests for information from forum members about mattresses or products they sell or manufacture or are familiar with…. Exceptions to #3 are the manufacturer or retailer members of the site or those who are identified as “expert members” who are welcome to include a link to their website and generic information about what they make or sell in their signature, to let people know they may have something suitable in a specific mattress construction they may be looking for, or to provide more specific information about the the types of mattresses they make or sell in a more informative rather than a “marketing” or “promotional” context. Invitations to “visit or buy” or “better/worse” comparisons with other manufacturers are considered a marketing context.”

That said, are you representing Heartland Mattress? If so and if you have interest in applying for a business membership in the Mattress Underground, you can apply online using this form to request consideration for the trusted member program. For others who are interested in the Mattress Underground’s endorsement of our partner manufacturers/ retailers, you can learn more with this article, “Recommended by the Mattress Underground”.

Thanks,
Sensei