Heavy Sidesleeper looking at the Ultimate Dreams Latex

Hi MVincent,

Yes … they had always offered a “pillow bonus” for their amazon mattresses until just recently when they told me that they would offer the 5% bonus on mattresses on the Brooklyn Bedding site which of course was great news for the members here.

EDIT: To receive the forum discount on their Brooklyn Bedding line make sure you either call, email, or use their chat to get the discount information before your purchase. On their Amazon line (that they fulfill) they just need your username here for the pillow bonus.

Your comments about the differences between people and the need to adjust from something that you were used to before are very accurate and insightful IMO. I don’t think a lot of people realize that any change … even if it’s for the better … can cause some temporary discomfort if what I call the “learned” alignment is different from a “better” alignment on a new mattress.

Post #6 here talks about imagining floating in the air and slowly sinking into the mattress. As each part of the body comes into contact with the mattress it takes up weight and relieves weight on the parts that were initially in firmer contact with the mattress. In your case your larger lats would begin to make contact and take up weight sooner than someone who didn’t have your more muscular build and needed to sink in more to get the same pressure relief.

I think you used your sleeping experience during the renovation wisely!

Thanks for your comments and feedback … and your insights :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to your updates.

Phoenix