Help build latex mattresses

I’m looking for queen latex mattresses , all natural not blended or top layer organic or all organic fair price
I’m thinking to do this
1st layer 3 inch medium natural or maybe organic dunlop,queen
2nd layer 3 inch firm natural dunlop,queen
3rd layer 3 inch extra firm natural dunlop,queen

Or
1st layer 3 inch medium natural or organic dunlop queen
2nd layer 6 inch firm or extra firm suggest natural dunlop queen

Or maybe bottom layers memory foam or something that doesn’t have bad chemicals

I’m 180lb wife 155lb
Looking to spent around 1000$ to 1200$
Any help suggestion will be welcome thank you.

Hi lpad007,

I’m not sure if you are looking for a component mattress or you are looking to build your own DIY mattress with separate layers that you design and put together yourself.

If you are looking for a component latex mattress then the mattress shopping tutorial includes a link to a list of the members here that sell mattresses online (in the optional online step) and many of them also make latex and latex hybrid mattresses that use different types and blends of latex that have a range of different designs, options, features, return and exchange policies, and prices.

If you are looking to design and build your own mattress out of separate components and a separate cover that you purchase individually then the first place I would start is by reading option 3 in post #15 here and the posts it links to (and option #1 and #2 as well) so that you have more realistic expectations and that you are comfortable with the learning curve, uncertainty, trial and error, or in some cases the higher costs that may be involved in the DIY process. While it can certainly be a rewarding project … the best approach to a DIY mattress is a “spirit of adventure” where what you learn and the satisfaction that comes from the process itself is more important than any cost savings you may realize (which may or may not happen).

If you are looking for something locally then if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Memory foam is a comfort material not a support material so you won’t find a mattress that uses memory foam in the bottom layers.

Post #2 here and the more detailed posts and information it links to also have more information about safe, natural, organic, “chemical free”, and “green” mattresses and mattress materials that can help you sort through some of the marketing information and terminology that you will encounter in the industry and can help you differentiate between them and answer “how safe is safe enough for me” so you can decide on the types of materials you are most comfortable having in your mattress. These types of issues are complex and are generally specific to each person and their individual sensitivities, circumstances, criteria, and lifestyle choices.

Your budget is probably too low for most all latex mattresses … particularly if you are looking for certified organic latex … but some of the lower budget latex and latex hybrids I’m aware of are listed in posts #3 and #4 here.

Phoenix

First thank you for help I live in mass Westfield zip 01085
Yes I was asking if it’s good idea to go
1st top layer medium 3inch Dunlop natural or blend but I don’t know if blended is free chemicals or les chemicals.
2nd middle layer firm 3inch Dunlop natural or blend
3rd bottom layer extra firm Dunlop natural or blend
I’m doing this because I can play around with firmnes
Or
1st soft
2nd firm
3rd extra firm
Or
3 inch top talalay natural soft or medium
6 inch bottom Dunlop natural or blend extra firm
I found some prices in www.matresess.net

6 inch natural Dunlop extra firm 750$
3 inch natural talalay medium firm 389$
3 inch natural pad topper latexco naturalux 279$

Hi lpad007,

Outside of the information I linked in my last reply … I would always keep in mind that the first “rule” of mattress shopping (or mattress design and construction) is that the only way to know for certain whether any mattress design or combination of materials is suitable for you is based on your own personal testing or sleeping experience and that there isn’t a “formula” or “theory” that can predict which mattress or combination of materials will be best for you based only on specs (either yours or a mattress) or “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here).

There is also more about the different ways to choose the most suitable mattress (either locally or online) and how to identify and minimize the risks involved in each of them in post #2 here.

The better options and possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Springfield, MA area (subject to the guidelines here) are listed in post #4 here.

Phoenix

I’m ready to buy I went and try store close to me flyby night northamtopn I’m medium latex so now I know what I want jus wanna know the spindle quality or is 100% natural or synthetic thank you

Abscond - 10" Natural Latex Mattress × 1
Queen (60" x 79.5") / Medium
$1,349.99

Spindle mattress

But I have some questions they say on web site “natural” but when I check the certificate
Type of product class:
I

Type of articles certified:
Bedding components (foam) made of 100 % SBR latex and 100 % natural latex, raw white.

SBR is synthetic so are they not telling the truth in web site thank you

Hi lpad007,

Spindle mattresses uses 100% natural continuous pour Dunlop made by Mountaintop Foam.

Mountaintop foam makes a range of different blends of latex that vary from 100% synthetic to 100% natural (see here) and all of them are Oeko-Tex certified. It wouldn’t even be possible for a material to be both 100% natural and 100% synthetic at the same time.

Spindle uses the 100% natural version of Mountaintop’s latex and they are absolutely “telling the truth” on their website. They are very knowledgeable and transparent about all the materials they use in their mattress.

I would be very careful about jumping to these types of conclusions based on a complete misunderstanding of the information you are reading.

Phoenix

I bought spindle mattress abscond 10’ I received shipping today, thank you for your help.
What do you suggest for protector something natural or organic for spill water,juice,…thank you
All the layers are with seam glued it doesn’t look continuous ?

Hi lpad007,

You certainly made a great quality/value choice … and congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I hope you have the chance to share your thoughts and feedback when you’ve received it.

No … the Mountaintop Foam continuous pour Dunlop latex layers don’t have any glue seams.

There is more about the different types of mattress protectors and the pros and cons of each of them in post #89 here that can help you decide which of them would be the best match for the criteria that are most important to you (water resistance, how they affect the feel of a mattress, temperature regulation, and cost).

Phoenix

Hi Phoenix

I’m still without a matres protector the link you suggest it’s very old so Im not really excited to decide.
If you don’t mind I’ve seen you mention for your own bed have " Natura Protect Deluxe cover"
You still have it or have different one.
We are expecting new born baby maybe in a week so we really need a protector thank you for ur help

Hi lpad007,

I keep all the forum reference posts up to date on a regular basis when any new information comes to light. The protector post was last edited on Feb, 25th of this year.

Yes we still have it and use it and it’s still in relatively good condition (with some staining).

Phoenix