Help Choosing a Bed

[quote=“Phoenix” post=63692]

Unfortunately the Voila mattress doesn’t list the specifics of the materials and components in their mattresses so I wouldn’t consider them unless they can provide you with the information here so you can confirm there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability and useful life of their mattress. There have been several forum members that have tried to find out this information from Voila and been unsuccessful and if a retailer or manufacturer either isn’t willing or able to provide you with the information you need to make an informed choice and make meaningful comparisons with other mattresses … I would avoid them completely. They are also made in China and there is always some additional risk and uncertainty involved in buying a mattress that is made in China or other imported mattresses that may be subject to longer periods of compression during shipping and storage that can sometimes affect the durability and useful life of the mattress (see post #6 here).

Phoenix[/quote]

Hi Phoenix,

I have just stumbled upon this website and as of now have around 5-6 tabs of vast amounts of information that you have provided throughout the forums.

I had been following a mattress revenue like review website for the past 1-2 trying to find the right mattress. I stumbled upon the Voila mattress there and have found some specification information I would like to share with you for your review.

This is for the ‘Hybrid Plush’ model:

http://cdn3.bigcommerce.com/s-x577eti/products/78/images/292/hybrid-12-inch-isometric__43709.1461336680.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

The 12″ Plush Voila is composed of the following layers:

Stretch polyester cover – with breathable mesh side fabric
Flame resistant cover– 1633 / 1632 CFR flame resistant cover
2.5″ 3.0lb gel Visco foam edge to edge
.75″ 2.5lb support foam edge to edge
.75″ 2.5lb side wall edge foam, inside of this cavity is .75″ latex
fiber insulator pad
6.25″ five zone pocketed coils with edge support
6.25″ 2.5lb edge support foam with ventilator holes for airflow
fiber insulator pad
.75″ medium base foam
1″ firm base foam
Base Cover

In one of my tabs I see that you caution customers to make sure to know all the materials and layers, and that they add up to the height of the mattress. Based on the thickness and densities of these materials, is there any cause for concern that sticks out for you? I am a 5’7 155lb male.

I ordered this mattress yesterday before finding myself here on mattressunderground and am now worried about my mattress. I guess before, I hadn’t though much of durability when it comes to mattresses because of their standard warranty policies, but now I am seeing that materials can soften over time causing issues. In addition, I am coming from a 15 year old innerspring mattress and trying this online route for the first time so I hope I am not making a mistake going with Voila. They are so new and the mattress come from China, so I am hoping for the best.

I came across a company called Suissly when scouting these threads, I was wondering if this is a good company and would be a better option than Voiila if i choose to return the mattress? Any other brands you recommend to look at? I chose the Voila initially because I like the ‘bounce back’ kind of mattress with a little bit of sinking, but not as if I am being trapped and I thought the hybrid mattress would be the best of both worlds. I am worried about the memory foam layer on the top however.

I had actually placed an order for a brooklyn bedding mattress before this. I thought the latex with the quilted cover would be a nice option, but decided to cancel last minute due to fear, because I read of some horror customer service return issues and the lack of edge support.

I hope my post makes sense and thank you so much for all you do here.

Sincerely,

Nick