Help deciding on all latex vs latex with HD polyfoam support

After much time spent on mattress underground and all of the recommended sites a to purchase a mattress, I have narrowed my choices to 2 mattress made by Sleep-Ez. One is their August special… Two 3 inch support layers of Dunlap latex ( one medium and one firm was recommended by Shawn, one of the owners) with a 2 inch comfort layer of soft (also recommended by Shawn) Talalay latex priced at $725 including shipping
The other choice is their Lifetime Dreams… 6 inches of 2.0 lb HD soy base foam as support with 3 inches of latex, available in soft, medium or hard. I did not ask Shawn about his recommendation on that. Priced at $470 including shipping.
My question is…I know latex support will last longer, but is it worth $ 250 more and just,how much longer will it last?
I would also appreciate any recommendations as to the choice of firmness for the latex comfort layer on the Lifetime Dreams mattress. I am 5’4" and 125 lbs and I am a side and stomach sleeper. I am leaning toward the less expensive choice and want to know,if that is a good decision.
Thanks in advance for any responses!

Hi Nannie66,

These are only available locally as far as I know because of the shipping costs involved with non local purchases. If you are local then they can make a good choice.

You can read about some of the pros and cons between an all latex mattress and a latex/polyfoam hybrid in post #2 here.

Outside of personal testing on the mattress … the best way to choose a firmness level would always be a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer themselves who will know more about their mattresses and how they interact with different body types, sleeping styles, and preferences based on “averages” than anyone else. There are some links to some of the “theory” that involves different weights, sleeping positions, and body types in mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here that can be used as generic guidelines but these are only generic and not specific to any individual and using “theory at a distance” is not generally as effective as personal testing or a more detailed conversation with the manufacturer themselves.

Of course SleepEz is one of the manufacturing members here which means that I believe they are among the best quality/value available no matter which of their mattresses you choose (“value” tends to be quite consistent across the entire lineup of a specific manufacturer) but this is only part of the picture and the suitability of a mattress in terms of PPP )Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) and the options you have after a purchase if you make a choice that is less than ideal is always just as important.

Phoenix

Thanks for the reply. I have talked with Shawn and as you stated in your reply he was great at recommending the correct firmness for the latex hybrid mattress. I have decided to buy that one and he will ship it to me, but I pay shipping…still a great value IMO. I really learned a lot from Mattress Underground and fell like I am buying a mattress the right way…finally! Thanks so much for the effort you put into maintaining the site. I will post a follow-up once I get to sleep on my new mattress!

Hi Nannie66,

Thanks for the kind words … and I think you made a great quality/value choice.

I’m looking forward to your feedback when you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it.

Most of all … congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

Phoenix