Help finding "old" Marriott Sealy Posturepedic needed

HI,
I know that Sealy is not a happy word around here, but I’ve written a few times before- I have severe injuries and am currently on a sleep number piece of …that is not doing me any favors. Unfortunately my body quickly rejects almost all other beds…except for the Marriott Sealy Posturepedic. I don’t know why, but I’ve been down to the Marriott Suites in Scottsdale, AZ twice over the last month for extended stays (8 and 6 nights) for medical appts and my body LOVES that bed. I called Marriott but it’s their “older” model and she couldn’t even give me any specs on it. I know it’s a Posturepedic- says it all over the top but I neglected to take a pic of the tag. I know it won’t last that long or be a great value but those are low on my list right now unfortunately. Can anyone help me find a similar bed to try out? I know it has no memory foam or anything fancy.

THANK YOU!!!

Hi jhcoleman18,

It’s not uncommon that people love a hotel mattress when their own mattress isn’t suitable for them any longer. There is more about hotel mattresses in post #3 here but they are a frequent reason for buyers remorse when a buyer discovers that they may not feel the way they did in a hotel when they sleep on it at home.

It’s probably an approximation of one of the older low/mid range Posturepedics that used an offset coil system but unless you know the specifics of what is in the Marriott mattress and a mattress you are considering there is little chance that you will be able to compare them or approximate the Marriott mattress. You would also need to know the specifics of any mattress pad or topper in the bedding package they used with the mattress because this is a big part of the “feel” and performance of many hotel mattresses including the Marriott (see here for the current topper or featherbed they use). About the closest you could probably come would be to find out the type and number of coils in the innerspring in the Marriott bed you like and then find a Posturepedic that has a similar innerspring and coil count and a similar type and amount of padding above the innerspring but it will be guesswork at best and it won’t be easy to find out enough information about either the older Marriott innerspring or a current Posturepedic you are considering to come as close as you hope to.

Unfortunately … there are just too many unknowns for me to suggest anything more specific outside of testing some of the current low/mid end Posturepedic lineup with an offset coil (like the Posturepedic Classic SS coil here) that “feels” close enough that you believe adding a featherbed or topper that was similar to the one you slept on would end up being close to the mattress you remember. As you can see this won’t be an easy task and there is no certainty of success for someone who is as sensitive to different mattresses as you are.

Phoenix

Funny you should mention Sealy. Last fall we visited a friend in another state and slept on a 3 year old Sealy queen. It was the most comfortable bed we have slept on. BOTH me and my wife loved it, not just me. I called the store where she bought it who was nice enough to give me the name and model of that (discontinued) mattress and that’s as far as it went due to the games the industry plays with names, construction drills and materials they use. Like us, they must shop around for the best deals regarding profit margins.

So…I came home and decided to do my own thing. Thanks to this site and the support of many of the recommended vendors listed, I built my own out of latex and love it.

Westin Hotels also stocks some incredible “in the cloud” mattresses.