Help - I am now more confused than ever

Hi - I am a side sleeper, 130 pounds (but currently pregnant and so a bit heavier) and my husband is a stomach sleeper, but trying to switch to side and 190 lbs. We were initially interested in the Rhapsody Breeze but are discouraged by both the price and the advice that it is not good for side sleepers. My husband likes a firmer mattress and neither of us like a really soft mattress. The BEST bed by far we tried was the Allura but I couldn’t rationalize dropping another 1300 on what basically looks like a mattress topper. (Full disclosure, I didn’t try a Grand. I didn’t even want to know what a bed that price felt like.) SO then we started looking at Tempurpedic competitors that we could try out (optimum, icomfort and comfortpedic.)This coupled with a few days of online research and I am at information overload and can’t keep anything straight anymore.

What mattresses would you recommend to compete with the Allura and that meet all the memory foam mattress ideals (density, thickness, certified foam, etc.)discussed here? Also - we are in our 30s and don’t have any serious aches and pains (yet) but we are pretty close to 40 and know that we aren’t getting any younger. Intent on keeping this bed for awhile - should we go a tiny bit softer?

Please help this hormonal pregnant woman get a great bed that won’t break the bank. I am not looking for the most inexpensive - I just don’t want to drop $5k.

Thank you!

I should add that I am thinking about the Christeli Charleston and the Select Foam Aurora but am having a tough time with not being able to try them out. Those are the only two comparables that I have found…there may be more?

Hi tonyandheather,

The first place to start is the tutorial post here which has all the basic informtion, steps, and guidelines you will need to make the best possible choices and includes links that will answer most of your questions.

There are too many unknowns, variables, and personal preferences involved for anyone to make specific mattress suggestions based on “theory at a distance” (see mattress firmness/comfort levels in post #2 here) and only your own testing or personal experience can know which mattress is best for you in terms of PPP. The tutorial post also includes a link to a list of several of the better online sources I’m aware of for manufacturers and retailers that use tempurpedic as a reference point and that are a reasonable approximation for their mattresses. if you are more comfortable with a local source then your own testing and comparison will tell you which mattress comes closest to the Allura based on how they feel to you.

When you get to step 3 … if you let me know your city or zip I’d be happy to let you know of any of the better options I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix