HELP!!! I can't find any threads about this bed/company!!

I have searched the forums with no luck, think the name of the company throws the search engine off.

The company name is Best Price Mattress. They are based in California from what I can tell. I am interested in a mattress they have for sale on Amazon, but am hesitant about purchasing a mattress online, specially when I can’t find anything about them in the forums.

Here is a link to the item:
Amazon - Best Price Mattress 13" Queen Memory Foam mattress

I have contacted the seller to ask about the quality of the foam. Here is their response:

Memory foam layers are 4 lbs density and 1.2 lbs on the support soft foam 2lbs for the ventilated foam and base foam layers. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us.

I do not really understand the pounds when it comes to the memory foam. I have done some research here on this awesome website, but I am still having an issue deciding if this would be a good quality of density.

As for a little information about me… the bed will be used by me and my husband. We both are a little on the heavy side (190 &170), I sleep mainly on my side and stomach while my husband sleeps on his back and side.

Hi deadblkroses,

This mattress is made by Zinus which owns the trademark for “real mattress in a box”. They are a Chinese manufacturer that uses mostly low / mid quality materials although they are CertiPur certified. They are most commonly sold under many brand names in big box stores and elsewhere. Whenever you see “green tea” you can assume the manufacturer is Zinus.

I would also read post #6 here about mattresses imported from Asia or China and which may have been compressed for long periods of time in either shipping or storage before being purchased and a forum search on Zinus (you can just click this) will bring up more information and feedback about some of their brands and mattresses.

If the specs are accurate … the memory foam in this mattress is mid quality (generally suitable for average weights but I would be hesitant with using 4 lb memory foam with higher weights in the range of 200 lbs or so) and the 2.0 lb polyfoam is a good quality material.

1.2 lb polyfoam on the other hand is a very low quality material and even though it’s underneath other foam layers which would absorb much of the compression forces of sleeping, it’s still high enough in the mattress that it would cause some concern for me in layers that were more than about an inch or so.

Hopefully you have tested this mattress carefully and objectively for PPP so you are confident that it’s a good match for your specific needs and preferences or have had a more extended conversation on the phone with a knowledgeable and experienced salesperson who can provide you with some good guidance about the suitability of this mattress (or you have checked the details and costs of the return policy if you haven’t) so you have some assurance that it’s a good fit or you have good options if it isn’t but even if it was a good “match” in terms of PPP the “weak link” of 1.75" of 1.2 lb polyoam perhaps in combination with the 4 lb memory foam and being sourced in China would make this somewhat of a risky purchase IMO.

Phoenix

Thank you so much for responding so quickly. I tried making sense of all the foam layers and from what I took of it the bed “seemed” like a good choice for us. I’m so happy you clarified my judgement, I would have been so upset to have learned this information after making the purchase. Looks like I will be calling Chuck at Dreamfoam Bedding tomorrow to set up my comfort levels and best choice mattress for my husband and I. It’s just deciding between memory foam or latex now!

Hi deadblkroses,

I’m looking forward to hearing about what you end up choosing :slight_smile:

Phoenix