Help in Narrowing down choices

I have been reading this site for the past few weeks as I am trying to replace my current mattress with a Latex mattress.
We live in Twin Cities MN.

I tried out Pure Latex Bliss Natural Line of Mattress last weekend. It had 6 inch core layer which was Talalay with 36 ILD. The comfort layer was Talalay with 19 ILD. The mattress had been on the floor for more than 1 year. It seemed to soft to me.

We also tried dormeo octaspring mattress as well.

Yesterday I tried a local store that allowed me to test out layers of various firmless levels. I found them from this forum.

http://www.naturalmattressco.com/pricing2.html

They only carried Dunlop Latex from Sri Lanka. Their supplier is Arpico.
I tried Latex cores of various firmness levels (1 to 5).
The combination with 3 inch medium firmness(3) and 6 inch cushion firm(4) felt the best. I was alone and I did not have time so I plan to go back to them in near future with my wife.

They sell all the components of a mattress.
The cost is a bit higher than online providers. As a example the mattress I built was

9 Inch Dunlop Latex for $470 x 3 = $1410
Organic cotton quilted cover for $540 The cover includes wool.
The also sell puddle pads, toppers, wool etc.
They knit cotton cover was $285
Total price with quilted cover is $1960
They did not provide a membership discount of 5%
I like that they are local.
I don’t like that they offer no warranty.
They have only been around for 1.5 years.
They did not have an option to provide Talalay latex.

Online option I am considering is Brooklyn Bedding Total Latex 10 inch mattress.
http://www.brooklynbedding.com/latex-mattresses/10-inch-total-latex-mattress
With membership discount and shipping the of the two options is going to be very similar.
My biggest risk is buying this mattress without trying it first. I will try to find another local seller that has a 9-10 Inch Talalay mattress I can try out.

Let me know if you have any suggestions or guidance.

Hi newkidontheblock,

That’s because they aren’t members here (although I have talked with them and they are on the local list of “better” options).

You are certainly in a good position and choosing between “good and good”. Post #2 here may help you make final choices but I would keep in mind that every difference between a mattress you have tested locally and one you order online (including the type of latex, the firmness of each layer, the thickness of each layer, the cover, and the type of quilting) will affect the feel and performance of the mattress. Any differences may be better or worse for the needs and preferences for any specific person and of course the different options to choose materials or exchange or re-arrange layers may also be an important part of your personal value equation.

Phoenix