help in pittsburgh, pa

Hi lalaflower,

I’m glad you found us before you pulled the trigger :0

Latex is a very different material from memory foam and much more resilient. It is more “on the mattress” foam and memory foam is a more “in the mattress” foam. It would probably be a good idea to test some latex mattresses locally so that you are familiar with the differences between them.

My first and “best” suggestion is always to read post #1 here and the information it links to which will give you the information and “steps” you need to make the best possible choices. It’s the most important post on the forum.

White Dove is an smaller independent wholesale manufacturer that is sold in retail stores (not factory direct) and would not be grouped in with 'major brands" no. No matter where you buy a mattress or what mattress you buy though … it’s always important to make sure that you know the quality specs of every layer of a mattress before you consider it so that you can identify any “weak links” or lower quality materials in the mattress. A mattress is only as good as the construction and materials inside it.

One of the most reliable signs of better retailers and manufacturers is that they will not only provide you with this information but will educate you and help you understand what it means. The information on the site will help you know who is more focused on the quality and value of a mattress and giving you accurate information and who is more interested in just selling you whatever they can or telling you their “marketing stories”.

Some of the better options and possibilities in the Pittsburgh area are listed in post #2 here. I would call these and ask if they have any mattresses with latex in at least the top few inches (with no more than an inch or so of polyfoam over the latex if at all so you will feel mostly the latex) and then you can test the ones that carry it. White Dove does make some mattresses like this.

Hope this helps.

Phoenix