Help! Jordan's memory foam

Can anyone help? I can not find any unbiased information or reviews on the Jordan’s furniture memory foam mattress! 12 inch gell infused. Sells for over 1400 in king size. No facts or specs…nothing. Does anyone have one? Like or dislike? Any info would be helpful. Also how is their service after sale?

Hi Angela,

I’m assuming that the mattress you are looking at is this one?

[size=small]Admin Note: Page discontinued ~Archived footprint:
https://www.jordans.com/jordan-s-mattress-factory-12--memory-foam-jmfm-12012[/size]

There is more information about the 3 most important parts of “value” of a mattress purchase in post #13 here which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists based on suitability, durability, and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you (including the price of course and the options you have available after a purchase if your choice doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for).

While I can’t speak to how any mattress will “feel” for someone else in terms of firmness, “comfort”, or PPP because this is too subjective and relative to different body types, sleeping positions, and individual preferences, sensitivities, and circumstances … outside of PPP (which is all about how well you will sleep on a mattress) the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is it’s durability and in terms of durability a mattress is only as good as its construction and the type, quality, and durability of the materials inside it (which is all about how long you will sleep well) regardless of the name of the manufacturer or the name of the mattress on the label. In other words I would always make sure that you are able to find out the information listed here so you can compare the materials and components in a mattress to the quality/durability guidelines here and confirm there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress that would compromise the durability and useful life of a mattress before making any mattress purchase. I would also only deal with retailers or manufacturers that are both willing and able to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed choice.

Jordans is completely transparent about the quality of the materials in most of the mattresses they sell and if you click the “overview” link you will see the specs of this mattress.
Note added later: Jan 12, 2018 Jordan’s no longer list detailed specs on their mattresses.

Unfortunately … the top 4" of the mattress are 3 lb memory foam which is a lower quality/density material that would be a weak link in the mattress in terms of durability and as you can see in the foam quality guidelines I linked I would avoid it. The 1.5 lb polyfoam base layer is also a lower quality/density material than I would normally like to see in a mattress in this budget range as well.

While other people’s comments about the knowledge and service of a particular business can certainly be very helpful … I would be very cautious about about using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because any mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (even if they are in a similar weight range) and other people’s experiences or reviews in general certainly won’t tell you much if anything about the suitability, quality, durability, or “value” of a mattress for any particular person (see post #13 here).

Phoenix