Help with narrowing down hybrid latex mattresses in San Diego

Thanks for your helpful feedback.

In contacting A Bedder Buy, I found that they didn’t know much about the bed than what I had previously posted. I contacted Spinal Care about the Lavender, and they said they don’t give out their info to retailers and that I’m the first person to call and ask about specifics. The guy on the phone seemed like he didn’t really want to answer my questions, but told me the following:

Type and details of innersprings: 744 Marshall Pocketed coils (legget & platt), 95% recycled steel
Thickness and density of polyfoam or memory foam: Thickness= 4 inch. Density = HR* (*HD per Phoenix) 1.8lb density foam 33 ILD
Thickness, type, and blend of latex in mattress: ½" latex talalay. 60/40 poly maybe (supposedly will call back with detailed info).

No call back, but that 1/2" latex isn’t cutting it, and getting info from them isn’t easy, so I’m crossing it off my list.

In a google search of the Ethos Hybrid by Diamond, I came across one of the threads here on The Mattress Underground and I found your information and the info from the OP very helpful in learning more about the Ethos beds. I decided to call Diamond/Ethos and they told me that I probably won’t be able to find the Ethos Maple beds in San Diego because they’re possibly going to discontinue that line or something, therefore I won’t find any floor models. That’s ok, because it’s probably out of my price range, anyway! They did, however, put me on hold for a while and found ONE store that carries the Ethos Refresh Hybrid Soft!! :woohoo: This store is called Tucker’s Valley Furniture aka Cash & Carry, and they have the Ethos Refresh hybrid soft and the firm! So now I can try them all as I’ve already tried the medium at Al Davis Furniture.

If that doesn’t work out, I’ll call back MattressMakers where I would be able to get a custom bed, or they said they might order a hybrid bed for their showroom since they’ve been thinking about it anyway. They have weird hours (closed Tues/Wed, but open by appt) so I can’t get more info from them right now.

So, in the meanwhile, I’ll check out the Ethos Hybrid Refresh Soft.

Other than that, I do have a couple questions. What does “waterfall” mean? The Ethos Hybrid that I’m eying says it’s “soft waterfall,” whereas the medium and firm say they’re “smooth tight top.” :huh: Also, since my partner weighs 253 lbs and I weigh about 125 lbs, would a soft mattress be a bad idea for him? The store that carries the soft version only has 1 week to test out the mattress for a return and I’m not sure my boyfriend will get a good feel for the effects of the bed on his body in 1 week. But who knows, we haven’t even tried it yet!