HELP with online manufacturers of double sided mattress? Safe return policy?

Hello,

I live in ultra-rural, southern Colorado (81091) and have no places within 75 miles to lay on a mattress. Would you be able to point me towards some reputable online manufacturers, or sellers of, of double-sided, innerspring mattresses? Hopefully some of these places have a type of “try it out for xx” type of warranty and will provide a refund or credit if the mattress doesn’t work out for my wife and me. We are interested in the flippable style mattresses for a few of the popular reasons, and will consider a latex topper if the top feel needs some tweaking. We have a 20+ year old hand me down, for several years now, and it’s time to replace it. Our budget is right at $1000 shipped. I’ve only seen the FlexusComfort site so far and was really hoping that you could suggest a few others. Thank you

Hi lureNflyguy,

You are certainly “ultra rural” and the closest forum list would be for the Pueblo/Salida/Colorado Springs area here and I don’t know if any of them carry two sided mattresses.

Two of the manufacturers that are members of the site carry two sided innerspring mattresses that they sell online and would be well worth talking to. They are …

https://www.mygreenmattress.com/
https://www.flexuscomfort.com/index.html

I don’t know their return/exchange policies off the top of my head so I would make sure you ask them.

Two sided innerspring mattresses are much less common online because they are much more costly to ship.

Another online source that may be worth considering is http://themattressexpert.com/mattress-brands/therapedic-two-sided-flippable-mattresses/ who carries some two sided mattresses that they sell online but I would make sure that you find out the foam density in each of their layers to make sure that they are suitable (see this article). You would also need to ask them about their return/exchange policy.

Shop Double Sided Mattresses (Flippable) | US-Mattress – US Mattress also carries some double sided mattresses but I would make especially sure that you know the quality/density of all the foam layers in their mattresses as well because some of them are likely to include lower quality materials than I would suggest.

There are also some high quality and very durable one sided mattresses that may also be worth considering if you want to broaden your choices.

There is also more about the pros and cons of one sided vs two sided mattresses in post #3 here and the posts it links to.

Phoenix

Hello Phoenix,

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. I’ll consult the two mentioned websites. Considering our budget of $1000 shipped, what other online manufacturers or sellers would you suggest I research. I am SOOO glad to have found this forum and a few other resources before I’d jumped into, what I’d thought to be reasonable quality, purchase of one of the big “S” companies. I’d almost hit the payment button prior to my better half suggesting that we do a bit more research since we are almost sure to be buying online, sight unseen/laid upon.
Thank you again for your help!

Hi lureNflyguy,

I don’t know the size you are looking for which would make a difference in the price but the mattress shopping tutorial has two links to lists of the better online options I’m aware of (in the optional online step) and while I don’t know all their prices off the top of my head so you would need to check their sites … many of them sell a range of mattresses (including memory foam, polyfoam, innerspring, latex, and latex hybrids) that would be less than $1000 in queen size.

Phoenix