Help with Tech Specs - Diamond Mattress

Just registered, but I’ve been living on this site for sometime now. My wife and I had the horrible big box store experience and decided we needed a bit more info. Thank goodness for this site. Helped take a lot of the smoke and mirrors out of the game. After reading as much as I could possibly absorb from this site, my wife and I decided to start looking at Diamond Mattresses. We’re in the LA area so there were a few retailers we could go to to experience their selection. We ended up liking 3 mattresses. Unfortunately, as you said would happen, none of the salespeople knew what the exact makeup of the comfort and support layers were. Diamond’s site gives some information, but doesn’t actually outline the specific layers so its hard to make a side-by-side comparison. We asked 2 different salespeople if they could find out from Diamond, but unfortunately I’m not holding my breadth. Any chance you have any information of these mattresses?

In order of preference:

1. Diamond Generations Amor Firm Tight Top

Comfort Layer
Layers of Luxurious High Density Eco-Flex Plant-Based Foam
.5" Visco Memory Foam

Support Layer
744 Foam Encased Individually-Wrapped Coils.

Base Layer
Orthopedic Eco-Flex Plant-Based Base Layer

Edge Support
Foam Encased Edge Support System with Tri-Zoned Lumbar Support

Cover Fabric
Rayon 4-Way Stretch Knit Cover

1. Diamond Generations Escape Firm Tight Top

Comfort Layer
Layers of Luxurious, High Density Eco-Flex Plant-Based Foam
CoolGEL Memory Foam

Support Layer
9 Series Foam-Encased, Nested Wrapped Coils.

Base Layer

Edge Support

Cover Fabric

1. Diamond Generations Relief Firm Tight Top

Comfort Layer
Layers of Luxurious, High Density Eco-Flex Plant-Based Foam
CoolGEL Memory Foam

Support Layer
744 Foam-Encased, Individually-Wrapped Coils.

Base Layer

Edge Support

Cover Fabric

My wife and I both preferred the feel of the Amor. From Diamond’s website it appears that the Amor uses “slightly different components and less cushioning materials”.

I’m 5’10, 185lbs. My wife is 5’6, 115lb (but she prefers a very firm mattress)

Would love any thoughts your have on these mattresses.

Thank you!

Hi Fatboy,

Unfortunately … Diamond is a manufacturer that I really want to like (see this thread) because they “fit the profile” of better manufacturers and they are doing some good things … but they really make it difficult to like them because they haven’t been very communicative with me or other forum members that tried to find out some of the specs of their mattresses and they don’t always appear to provide the information to their retailers either. You can read a little more of my thoughts about them in post #2 here.

The specs you listed are missing some critical information including the thickness of the layers and the density of any polyfoam or memory foam in the mattress. It’s likely that the polyfoam in the comfort layers is in the range of 1.5 lbs and the same or higher in the base layers and I would “guess” that their memory foam is at least 4 lbs but guessing or speculation is “dangerous” and I really do wish that their specs were easier to obtain because I don’t think they are doing themselves any favors by making them difficult to find. As you know it’s not really possible to make any meaningful comments about their mattresses without more information.

With some of their mattresses such as the all latex Ethos here they disclose all the layers but with their mattresses that include polyfoam or memory foam they often don’t.

It looks to me like the Amor and the Relief both use pocket coils that are in parallel and the Escape uses nested coils. Other than that they do have different amounts of foam and memory foam and they may also have differences in how the layers are tufted or quilted. None of this though is really enough to make an informed decision.

It would be great if your retailer came through and found out the specifics of each mattress. If they do it would be great to post it here so that others will have the specs more easily available. I hope they are more successful than I was.

Overall my feelings about them haven’t changed much. I want to like them … I think they are making some better than average quality/value mattresses using some good materials and construction techniques … and I would rather make a blind purchase of one of their mattresses than a major brand. Unfortunately, I don’t feel good about making a blind purchase at all and I really wish either they or their retailers would be more transparent and make it a lot easier to like them based on fact instead of speculation.

Phoenix