Help

Why can’t i find an affordable latex mattress. I have been reading your mattress forum and articles. So many choices! I want a three layer 10 inch queen latex mattress for under $1500. Is that a dream?

Searched for you and while I can’t find exactly what you specified, the closest I can find and significantly under your price limit is from Pure Green Organic Latex Mattress | SleepOnLatex.com. They have a 9" two layer latex (6" latex base with 2" softer latex on top and 1" quilted wool) for between $999 and $1,199 depending on desired firmness. You could add a 1, 2 or 3" topper from them and still be within your $1,500 max. They’re also a member of this forum so you can get an additional 5% savings on the mattress. Hope this helps!

Hi layiyyi,

Welcome to the Mattress Forum! :slight_smile:

Doing a quick search through the site members (I don’t maintain price listings for all of the companies available online, as that would be too impossible of a task), there are a few options I found that ship nationally that fit your guidelines (to expand your results, there are others that offer a 6" core with 3" on top as well):

DIY Latex Mattress Components - You can create your own three layer mattress and choose a mattress cover.

ADMIN NOTE:Removed 404 page link | Archived Footprint: Latex Mattresses, Organic Latex Mattress, Pocket Coil Mattress - Flexus Comfort - Flexus Comfort - Their 10" Natural Latex Mattress.

https://www.foamsweetfoam.com/buy-a-mattress/10-inch-queen-latex-mattress - This is a two-sided mattress.

Dunlop Latex Mattress Topper | Order Dunlop Mattress Toppers - Latex Mattress Factory – You can choose three different 3" layers and a mattress cover to create your own component latex mattress.

https://www.sleepez.com/natural-latex-mattress.html?model=10000 – Can mix Talalay and Dunlop in this component system.

Latex Mattress - Spindle - Three layers of Dunlop latex.

Most of these are priced below your limit or very close, and if you do decide to purchase from a site member, don’t forget to ask for or use your TMU discount code for that manufacturer.

Hopefully this gives you a good start on your research.

Phoenix

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I have been doing my homework and reading quite a lot here. I currently sleep on a 22 year old Eastman House mattress. I have two memory foam mattresses in my guest rooms. I’ve slept in them and they’re ok for a night a year sleep for me. I don’t like the sunken in feeling. I went to SAVVY the other day and liked the latex; although I didn’t like the split part of it. I prefer the merged latex. SAVVY is just too expensive for me. I found some better priced options in the web pages/companies you suggested. But, now I wonder if the hybrid would be a better fit for me. I live in the D.C. metro area so there aren’t that many places for me to try out these mattresses.

Hi layiyiyi,

You’re welcome!

Subject to first confirming that any retailer or manufacturer on the list that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and to making sure that any mattress you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here … some better options or possibilities I’m aware of in and around the Washington, DC area (which has some overlap with the Baltimore list) are listed in post #2 here. The mattresses I linked to are mostly online options, so these specific brands aren’t commonly found in showrooms.

While certainly not complete, there is a list of spring/latex mattress (hybrid) providers in post #2 here.

Phoenix

After much research and consideration I went with the Camelia by Bloom from Urban Mattress. I’m one of those people who has to feel and test in person. I couldn’t make the leap of faith to online ordering. I liked the latex spring/hybrid.

Support Layer Pocketed Coil

Comfort Layer Latex / Micro Coil

Construction
8" 1057-count Quantum Edge Pocketed Coil, 2" of 19 ILD Latex, 2.5" of 1344 Microcoils, One 0.4" Layer of Natural Latex and One 1.5" Layer of 2 LB Natural Foam

Made and assembled in the United States by Urban Mattress.

Guarantee 10-Year, No-Sag Warranty

Cover Bamboo

layiyiyi,

While I have no personal experience with Urban Mattress since there are none in the Chicago area their ‘Camelia by Bloom’ certainly appears to be a beautiful and well made product. After going through many mattresses myself over the years I can certainly relate to your desire to try out a mattress in person rather than to order untried over the internet even though they have return options. I hope that your new mattress works out to your ultimate satisfaction and would appreciate hearing from you how it all worked out once you’ve been sleeping on it for a while. Sweet dreams!

Hi layiyiyi,

Congratulations on your new mattress purchase! :cheer: The materials used in the Amelia by Bloom are better quality, although I’m not sure what “Natural Foam” is in the upper layer of the mattress. I’m guessing some type of polyfoam, but there is no “natural” polyfoam produced. Regardless, a 2 lb polyfoam would be a better quality material.

I’ll be interested in learning about your new mattress once you’ve had a chance to sleep upon it for a while.

Phoenix

I called the company and was told that is has a viscose bamboo cover, followed by 100% wool, 1.5" 21 lb natural foam (certified by certipure), .4" Tallalay latex, 2" 19 ILD Tally latex, 2.5" micro coils, and 8" Quantum Edge 1057 Pocketed coils.

Hi layiyiyi,

Yes, that information (although the ordering is different) aligns with their web site. The “natural” foam is a polyurethane foam, as CertiPUR-US is a standard applied to that type of foam.

Phoenix

Request reverse full access by automation
Check name reference
Transaction complete

Reference level