help

well, i finally got my new bed! a couple of weeks ago, we took a trip to kelowna and went mattress shopping! jeff at sleepys opened the store for us (he is not normally open on a sunday) and let us try the 2 most popular beds there. i was looking for a feel close to the ‘nature’ mattress i had tried in the pure bliss series and selected the 10 inch. we also tried the iron man mattresses (which were nice also) but opted for the longer lasting total latex. he had a special on at the time, so we recieved 2 free iron man pillows (which i loooove) that i took home that day. the mattress arrived yesterday, and the boys set it up in my bedroom. it did have a slight smell, but after only a couple of hours with the windows open, and with a good mattress cover, the smell was gone. its soo nice to wake up without a lower back ache! and i was able to sleep in the bed for the whole night (i have been switching to the sofa in the middle of the night with my old mattress because of pain). my guy actually had to get up and put more clothes on because he got cold; i don’t think heat retention is going to be a problem this summer :slight_smile: . i hope the mattress doesn’t change too much over time, because as of now i love it!
thanks for all your knowledge and help
tracey

Hi traceym43,

Congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

It’s always amazing to me how good the level of service is at some of the smaller and better outlets. Just imagine phoning a chain store and “suggesting” they open up the store for you!

While every mattress will of course soften to a degree, latex does so much more slowly that other foams so you can look forward to keeping the feel you like for a very long time.

You did well … and a trip to Kelowna is worth it anyway (it’s one of my favorite places in the summer time … once it warms up that is :))

Phoenix

Phoenix - thanks for directing my attention here.

Tracey - hopefully you still get notifications for this topic :slight_smile: Can you give an update now that we’re a year later? I’m now in where your shoes were then, and I’m considering Sleepy’s and the latex choices he has. How is yours holding up?

Thanks

• Steven

still loving my bed! it’s about 36 degrees celcius and the mattress is very cool in the summer. lots of support and i can barely feel it move when my hubby comes to bed at night (doesn’t even wake me anymore like he did when we had a coil mattress). i can’t recommend sleepes enough. they were so knowledgable and helpful and went out of their way to make sure we were happy. i’ll never go back to a conventional mattress again!
cheers
tracey

Thanks for that Tracey. I believe we’ll probably follow in your footsteps.

Btw, are you a dentist? I think he may have told me your story (purchasing decision) while I was there. The story just sounded similar to yours.

yup, that’s why my mattress is more important than the car i drive. i can’t afford to have a sore back after a bad night sleep!
cheers