High quality futons?

Hi folks, I have not been on here in quite awhile. I’ve been really happy with my SleepEZ mattress once I put a 1" layer of memory foam on it (a cheap topper from Kohl’s, made all the difference!) but I am back with a different question:

I live in a very small house and would like to have some kind of mattress I could fold away for occasional guests who stay with me. I don’t have space for an extra bed, it would have to be something I can fold up and put away. I want my guests to be comfortable. Are there futon type mattresses that are actually quality and give a person a comfortable night’s sleep?

I know I could get an air mattress but my experience with them is they are not actually all that comfortable.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Hi SleepDeprived,

I’m glad you’re still happy with your mattress and found a modification that worked well for you.

While convenient for one or two nights, I’ll agree with you that air mattresses are not the most comfortable item. A good futon can be quite comfortable, and there is more information and a some sources for better futons in post #2 here.

Phoenix

Hi, I’m looking for the best futon mattresses, do any one of you have an idea?