Hometown Furniture and Mattress

Anyone have any dealings with Hometown Furniture and Mattress in Halifax , NS?

Hi Marenmarmstrong,

I don’t recall anyone mentioning particular dealings with them on the forum. Unfortunately, they don’t list specifics about their mattresses on their web site.

While I already mentioned some of this in my reply to another one of your posts, I would always confirm that any retailer or manufacturer that you wish to visit is completely transparent (see this article) and also make sure that any mattress that you are considering meets the quality/value guidelines here.

Phoenix

Thank you Phoenix. I actually visited there this afternoon and unfortunately the sales lady there had no idea about any specifics of any of their mattresses. They sell mostly Sleep In mattresses. Maybe if I called them directly they could tell me more but there is nothing on their website.

Hi Karenmarmstrong,

Yes, I know that can be frustrating. I saw the same thing on their web site - just general information. Until you are able to confirm actual meaningful specifications, I would hold off on considering the products they offer. If you are able to acquire any specifications, feel free to post them back here and I’ll be happy to comment upon them.

Phoenix