Horrible experience with My Side mattress. Please help!

I wish so much that I would have found this site before I made a huge mistake with my purchase. Like millions of people, I am a business owner and work crazy hours. Hence, when I realized I needed a new mattress, time spent researching which one i should buy, was embarrassingly minimal. Consequently, I am left with a My Side mattress purchased from sleepy’s in July 2012, which has totally sagged. Their inspector was at my house this morning and his response was “wow, this mattress is bad.”

When I initially went to sleepy’s I told the salesperson that I spent quite a bit of time sleeping at the Four Seasons hotels, and am very impressed with their beds. I knew the beds are made especially for the hotel chain by Sealy. The salesperson explained that I would not be able to purchase that because its custom made. Had I done some research, I would have found out that I can purchase the exact same mattress from the hotel and have it delivered to my home without an issue. Of course, I am now biting my elbows for having put my faith into customer service at Sleepy’s. I should have known better!

Long story short, I will have to get a new mattress from Sleey’s, of course. It is also my understanding that the mattress will have to be of the same value as the current one. I am willing to dish out whatever amount necessary to ensure a good night’s sleep, although I am extremely discouraged.

Can you possibly recommend a mattress with a similar set up at the “legendary” Four Seasons Posturelux 4000 beds?? I believe that’s what they are called. They are definitely made by Sealy. I realize its all about construction of the mattress, but I am not sure what I should be looking for, as I am uncertain about what exactly the Posturelux is made of. I cannot tell you how badly in need of your help I really am. I just want to be able to justify spending this much money on something so worthy as a good night’s sleep. Never in a million years did I think it wild be this elusive! Please help!!

Hi lzslp,

Unfortunately no. Neither the Four seasons or Sealy disclose the specific details they use in their mattresses so if you wanted to go in this direction then you will need to match it by how a mattress “feels” to you. You won’t be able to match it by construction.

Hotel mattresses are typically made with firm support and then a soft pillowtop or plush top made with lower quality polyfoam and then a bedding package on top. Hotel mattresses are not used as often as home mattresses and are not kept for as long either so durability is less important. They are generally worse value than the “regular” mattresses sold by the same company. Either way I would avoid them and all mattresses like them (with thicker layers of lower quality foam in the comfort layers) if durability is important to you.

You are unfortunately in the same position as many other members of this forum who had to exchange a mattress but were limited to the choices in the store … none of which are particularly good quality or value. Post #2 here and the posts it links to should be helpful in deciding what direction may be best for you.

Post #1 here (which I would suggest is the first post that all members should read) would also be helpful.

Phoenix