Hot Mattress

Hello, I wish to thank you so much for this site and all your valuable information that you provide and the time you spend doing so.! I have spent many hours reading. I didn’t find some information i needed till after the purchase of my mattress, though that was due to my not searching through enough. I bought the Tempurpedic Rhapsody Breeze. I was searching for a foam mattress that would not be hot, which I know now is not possible. At the store they said it would be the solution… It was cool to the touch and after laying on it for about an hour it stayed cool at the store. I am a very hot sleeper and I thought this was the solution to the problem since I felt the bed was comfortable and firm to my liking. I was actually affraid it would be too cold since it was so cool in the store. The bed had only a slight smell when it arrived and was hardly noticeable. I have been using it for a couple of weeks now. The bed is cool in the beginning but it does heat up where you are sleeping after a couple of hours so it does not help “hot sleepers” any at all… It is way too warm. Where you are not sleeping does feel cool.but that does not help you any. It may be slightly less warm that the Tempurpedic Flex Prima since i tried that bed at home also… I thought this information would be of help to some. Thank you.for your time.

Hi Adams,

Thanks for taking the time to share your comments and feedback about your mattress … I appreciate it :).

Just for the sake of others that may read your post … there is more information about all the many variables that can affect temperature regulation in post #2 here and there is also more information about gel foams in post #2 here.

As you mentioned … the effect of gel foams tends to be temporary and in most cases doesn’t last over the course of the night and once temperatures equalize then like many memory foams they can certainly sleep warmer for some people.

Phoenix