How does Ikea stack up (in general)

I’m surprised I don’t see much about Ikea on this site. You can sometimes find something quite outstanding at their store. I was ready to spend more than $1000 on an office chair and found one for $200 at iKea that I actually preferred. Any thoughts on iKea’s latex line?

Hi confused1,

There are some comments about the Ikea mattresses in post #3 here and the posts it links to. While they do have some good quality/value choices … they also have some mattresses that use lower quality materials (such as their memory foam mattresses) that I wouldn’t consider.

As I’ve mentioned in my previous replies … outside of PPP (which is all about how well you will sleep on a mattress) the most important part of the value of a mattress purchase is durability and in terms of durability a mattress is only as good as its construction and the type, quality, and durability of the materials inside it (which is all about how long you will sleep well) regardless of the name of the manufacturer or the name of the mattress on the label. In other words I would make sure that you can find out the information listed here so you can confirm there are no lower quality materials or weak links in a mattress before making any mattress purchase regardless of the name of the manufacturer on the label. I would only deal with retailers or manufacturers that are both willing and able to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed choice.

A forum search on Ikea (you can just click the link) will bring up hundreds of posts that mention them and forum searches on the name of most of their specific mattresses will also bring up more comments and feedback about their different mattresses as well.

Phoenix