How does one pull the trigger and buy a memory foam mattress?

There’s so many choices! There’s so many good (and bad) reviews. One website says this, another website says that.

I’ve never bought a mattress. I’ve either had what my Mom and/or Grandparents bought. All my life I’ve owned a firm bed. I hate firm beds. I want to sleep on a cloud.

Last year I went on vacation (a road trip) with a friend,. I can’t remember where I was, but one of the hotels I sprung an extra $20 or so to get us Queen beds. Where as most of the other hotels we stayed in were double beds. It wasn’t the size of the bed, but whatever mattress they used was so comfortable. In fact it was the best hotel bed I’ve ever stayed in.

I’ve wanted a mattress before that, but from that point on it really made me want one sooner. I’m destined to get my own cloud.

I was looking for one that came in soft. A lot of brands have set density of medium or firm usually… I read a bunch of reviews. On another review website the highest rating brand that came in soft was the Alexander from Nest Bedding or a Saatva. They both scored 90%. I was almost ready to buy it, but people say not to get soft. People say you’ll have back troubles. I read something about your spine not supported.

I still might go for a Nest Bedding Medium, but then I see a link for a Dreamfoam. Amazon has reviews of course, but the other site that I was using doesn’t, which lead me here. People seem to have good reviews, but then you Google and find crap reviews on Yelp! People saying they didn’t get responses from the company or the free pillow.

How the heck will I ever pick a mattress? I’ve been searching over a year now and haven’t pulled the trigger.

My requirements:

• I need it to be on Amazon, since I have an Amazon Card.
  • I want a higher amount of quality foam… because I’m 255 Lbs. So something over 10"… Definitely some gel foam for cooling.
  • I wanted soft, but I guess I’ll go with firm now.

Hi yuppicide,

I would suggest that you completely reset how you are looking for a mattress.

The first place to start your research is the mattress shopping tutorial here which includes all the basic information, steps, and guidelines that you will need to make the best possible choice … and more importantly know how and why to avoid the worst ones.

Two of the most important links in the tutorial that I would especially make sure you’ve read are post #2 here which has more about the different ways to choose a suitable mattress (either locally or online) that is the best “match” for you in terms of “comfort” and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) that can help you assess and minimize the risks of making a choice that doesn’t turn out as well as you hoped for and post #13 here which has more about the most important parts of the “value” of a mattress purchase which can help you make more meaningful quality/value comparisons between mattresses in terms of suitability (how well you will sleep), durability (how long you will sleep well), and the overall value of a mattress compared to your other finalists (based on all the parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you).

There is also more information in post #3 here and the posts it links to that would be helpful for those that are in higher weight ranges. While the process of how to choose a mattress would be the same … most people in higher weight ranges will generally need or prefer firmer mattresses (firmer materials will feel softer than they would for those that are lighter because you will sink into them more) and materials and components that are higher quality and more durable (the materials and components in a mattress will soften and break down faster for those in higher weight ranges than they will for someone that is in a lower weight range that doesn’t compress the mattress as much).

I would be very cautious about choosing a mattress based on its thickness alone because the thickness of a mattress or any individual layers inside it is really just a side effect of the design and the design goals of a mattress and is also only one of many variables that can affect the feel and performance of a mattress relative to any particular to any specific person and by itself isn’t particularly meaningful (see post #2 here). In some cases higher weight ranges will sometimes do better with a mattress that is a little thicker than lower weight ranges (see post #14 here for more about the effect of thickness) but even this depends more on the specific design and combination of materials in the mattress and on how well the mattress “as a whole” matches your specific needs and preferences than anything else.

I also wouldn’t assume that you “need” a gel material for cooling and there are many other options that can provide good or even better temperature regulation than gel materials. Gel memory foams (and other types of gel foams) include a very wide range of different materials with different formulations so they aren’t just a single material with the same temperature regulating properties but there is more information about gel foams in general in post #2 here and the posts it links to. In very general terms … gel and/or other thermal conductive or phase change materials can have “some effect” on on the sleeping temperature of a particular material but how much of an effect they will have and how long the effect will last will depend on the specific formulation of the material and on the “combined effect” of all the other materials and components of the sleeping system including your sheets, mattress protector, and bedding. Gel materials tend to have a more temporary effect when you first go to sleep at night or over the first part of the night than they will over the entire course of the night.

While it’s not possible to quantify the sleeping temperature of a mattress for any particular person with any real accuracy because there are so many variables involved including the type of mattress protector and the sheets and bedding that you use (which in many cases can have just as significant an effect on temperature as the type of foam in a mattress) and on where you are in the “oven to iceberg” range and because there is no standardized testing for temperature regulation with different combinations of materials … there is more about the many variables that can affect the sleeping temperature of a mattress or sleeping system in post #2 here that can help you choose the types of materials and components that are most likely to keep your wife in a comfortable temperature range.

[quote]There’s so many choices! There’s so many good (and bad) reviews. One website says this, another website says that.

I read a bunch of reviews. On another review website the highest rating brand that came in soft was the Alexander from Nest Bedding or a Saatva.

Amazon has reviews of course, but the other site that I was using doesn’t, which lead me here. People seem to have good reviews, but then you Google and find crap reviews on Yelp! [/quote]

While other people’s comments or reviews about the knowledge, service, and guidance of a particular business can certainly be helpful … I would avoid using other people’s experiences or reviews on a mattress (either positive or negative) or “so called” mattress review sites in general as a reliable source of information or guidance about how you will feel on the same mattress or how suitable or how durable a mattress may be for you and in many if not most cases they can be more misleading than helpful because a mattress that would be a perfect choice for one person or even a larger group of people may be completely unsuitable for someone else to sleep on (see post #13 here).

You can also see some comments about the many “professional review sites” in general in post #1 here in the simplified choice topic (and the video here it also links to). They are really nothing more than revenue sites that in most cases have little to no experience in the industry, have very little knowledge about mattress materials or mattresses in general, and are only in existence to earn the revenue that has become available as a result of the “new breed” of simplified choice online mattresses that are entering the market.

There isn’t much difference between going into a chain store and buying a mattress based on the “recommendation” of a salesperson that is only there for the money and commissions, knows very little meaningful information about mattress or mattress materials, and is just repeating the “sales and marketing information” they have learned (most of which is meaningless) for the sake of making their commissions and the many so called “professional review sites” that are little more than an online version of the same thing.

If you are looking at online options then the tutorial also includes several links to lists of the better online options I’m aware of (in the optional online step) that include many different types and categories of mattresses in a wide range of budgets that would be well worth considering.

When you can’t test a mattress in person then the most reliable source of guidance is always a more detailed phone conversation with a knowledgeable and experienced retailer or manufacturer that has your best interests at heart and who can help “talk you through” the specifics of their mattresses and the properties and “feel” of the materials they are using (fast or slow response, resilience, firmness etc) and the options they have available that may be the best “match” for you based on the information you provide them, any local testing you have done or mattresses you have slept on and liked or other mattresses you are considering that they are familiar with, and the “averages” of other customers that are similar to you. They will know more about “matching” their specific mattress designs and firmness levels to different body types, sleeping positions, and preferences (or to other mattresses that they are familiar with) than anyone else.

If you are also interested in including local options in your research that you can test in person before a purchase then if you let me know your city or zip code I’d be happy to let you know about any of the better options or possibilities I’m aware of in your area.

Phoenix

Go into stores and try out different mattresses. Don’t buy a firm mattress if you want a soft one, you’ll hate it.

I just bought what is considered a soft mattress and love it. It is more about the quality of the foam, the density of the support layers. My shoulder and neck pain is ninety percent improved in 12 days. Why not call the hotel and ask them what specific mattress you slept on and then research the mattress? Also after you wade through all the info here, you should go to mattress stores and see what feels best. I think people under estimate that you need to go and actually lie down on mattresses and find out what your preference is. Then after you determine your preference, you can search for companies with top quality materials that are the most similar to the one you’ve selected for comfort.

Hi terrieb,

As I mentioned in my previous reply I would always keep in mind that softness and firmness is relative and subjective and a mattress that feels soft for one person may feel much firmer to someone else (or vice versa). Someone that “needs” a firmer mattress (such as those that are in higher weight ranges) can also have the additional risk of sleeping out of alignment with a mattress that is too soft for their body type and sleeping positions (either comfort layers that are too thick and soft or a support core that is too soft).

I would never assume that a mattress that is either “firm enough” or “soft enough” for a particular person will feel the same or would be suitable for someone else to sleep on.

@Nene1957,

There is more about hotel mattresses in post #3 here but it’s very unlikely that you would be able to find out enough meaningful information about any hotel mattress to use it as a reference point for choosing another mattress.

I would completely agree with this. I think it’s always a good idea to do some local testing to get a better general sense of the types of materials or mattresses and the general firmness ranges that someone will tend to do best with that they can use as a very approximate reference point if they end up deciding to purchase an online mattress.

Phoenix

[quote=“Phoenix” post=58820]Hi terrieb,

As I mentioned in my previous reply I would always keep in mind that softness and firmness is relative and subjective and a mattress that feels soft for one person may feel much firmer to someone else (or vice versa). Someone that “needs” a firmer mattress (such as those that are in higher weight ranges) can also have the additional risk of sleeping out of alignment with a mattress that is too soft for their body type and sleeping positions (either comfort layers that are too thick and soft or a support core that is too soft).

I would never assume that a mattress that is either “firm enough” or “soft enough” for a particular person will feel the same or would be suitable for someone else to sleep on.

@Nene1957,

I would completely agree with this. I think it’s always a good idea to do some local testing to get a better general sense of the types of materials or mattresses and the general firmness ranges that someone will tend to do best with that they can use as a very approximate reference point if they end up deciding to purchase an online mattress.

Phoenix[/quote]

Also don’t forgot with feel (imo) there is the comfort layers which can give you that soft on a cloud feeling with pressure relief while having the support layers below keep your back/spine in alignment to prevent problems and pain. What I’m trying to say is that a mattress could have a soft/med comfort layer(s) over a firm, extra firm or hard support layer; which could feel great to you but be labelled a firm… and you may miss out on whats best for you by not testing in person if at all possible.

Phoenix is extraordinarily right that ‘feel’ is very subjective, and best to test locally to figure out what materials, construction and approximate firmnesses ‘feel’ right to you versus what is labelled by someone else or the companies themselves as soft/med/firm.

I was doing some testing yesterday on an all natural dunlop mattress and found that to me the feel of :
3" soft/25 ild over
6"(3x2) med/28 ild

In a regular style mattress case (organic cotton/wool on top felt firmer and for me had less pressure relief than a:
3" med/28 ild over
6" (3x2) firm/31 ild

In just an organic cotton stretch case.

I actually ordered the second option after having spent 2-3 hours trying every other combination available in the store. But, I had also done testing at several other stores and spent many hours reading/researching based on my testing and had a pretty good idea of what works/felt best for me… so much so, that if I had ordered this online/sight unseen (which I almost did), it was exactly what I would have started with.

yuppicide

I’m in a similar weight range as you. I’ve come to find out that unfortunately im a side, back and front sleeper. Which makes finding a mattress a bit more difficult, as i have to choose very carefully so I don’t compromise one position being good for another. Such as picking something great for side sleeping but terrible for stomach sleeping.

In any case, I’m within a couple hours drive of a nest bedding store (since you mentioned them) and I did visit to try out all 3 firmnesses of the love bed and the alexander.

I actually did not like any of the alexanders, for me they either failed to keep me in alignment, or failed to have the pressure relief when side sleeping.

For the love bed the soft was a major no, the medium was ok but still way too soft. But the big suprise was the firm was actually not too firm, with the zoned latex layer it was actually comfortable for side sleeping (imo - even though the website says differently, but this could be due to my higher weight) while still allowing stomach sleeping without going into a swayback/curved spine position that could leave me in pain in the morning. It wasnt quite as ‘plush’ feeling to the hand as the soft or medium as it doesnt have the extra quilted top, but still very nice.

It was actually my 2nd choice until yesterday which dropped it to 3rd. My original 1st choice was a $2700/2800 matress which I was attempting to duplicate and think I got close to, for significantly less. (Again, many thanks to Phoenix and the info on this site).

Andrew

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

I have never been this heavy in my life. :frowning: I don’t plan on staying this weight, so maybe in a few years time I’ll be switching my mattress out.

I sleep on my back and sides 99% of the time. Mostly back. Very rarely stomach. I mostly do back sleeping so I can prop my head up as I most likely have acid reflux. My Mom worked at 7-11 overnights, so as a kid I had Jolt! Cola for breakfast lunch and dinner pretty much. It ruined me. I love spicy foods, but I’ve quit soda or anything carbonated. I combat any bad foods by propping myself up, so back sleeping really most of the time.

I currently don’t get a good nights sleep and I’m up 2 or 3 times a night and switch from back to side.

I originally had my sights set on one of those hybrid mattresses around $1500. $1500 is a lot of money, but then again you do need a good nights sleep, so it’s worth it. I just feel for the price I can get more for less if I go for a brand that isn’t one of the big boys like Sealy, Serta, etc.

So did you actually get a mattress yet Assassin?

PS - I’ll see if I have time after work to swing by some place that sells memory foam mattresses. There’s a Bob’s not too far from where I work. I’m not sure if the mattress store which is closest to my office has memory foam.

PSS - Did anyone see Brooklyn Bedding is advertising on the radio? It’s the first brand like this that I’ve ever heard a commercial for. Well, it wasn’t really a commercial. They sponsored something, the people on the show talked about them for a bit, and I think they gave away $500 Visa Cards or something. This was a nationally broadcasted show too.

I’ve ordered a mattress, but I won’t have it for a couple weeks most likely. 3 x 3" layers of 100% natural dunlop (arpico iirc) in med/firm/firm (28/31/31 ild iirc), and a organic cotton stretch case with a silica fire barrier. (From foamorder.com, but I went to their store for testing.)

Like you, originally I was looking for a memory foam mattress, my younger sister has a temper pedic thats 10-15 years old now and has held up well that she loves. But, as they’ve both changed the design (only had 2 or 3 models when she got hers) and sold the company I was a bit leery of purchasing one without testing. I found once I tried all of the temper pedic mattresses I could find locally, as well as some other memory foam mattresses, I just didn’t like the way memory foam felt. None of their mattresses were good enough alignment wise for me either, and the main reason I didnt like them.

During my testing I did end up liking the way latex felt in one of the stores, and after much research on here decided to go for a latex mattress of some sort. I went back to that first store as well as a couple others to try both types of latex, as well as the hybrids (ie foam or coil base with a latex comfort layer). I found I preferred an all latex, followed by latex on poly foam, and lastly latex on coils.

On this last round of testing, after i had alteady narrowed down to liking the feel of dunlop in a cotton stretch case… I noticed something I hadn’t before. After spending 20-30 minutes so on a 100% natural dunlop mattress in a ‘normal’ mattress encasement (strong cotton canvas sides, zippered top made with organic wool & cotton) I could actually feel the ‘pushback’ or resiliency that I’ve seen described about others that did not like and returned their latex mattress. It actually made it feel suprisingly uncomfortable, like it was pushing my upper back and shoulders up and out of the mattress.

But with the same dunlop latex in a cotton stretch cover (no stiff sides) it became very comfortable and very soft. So much so, that instead of the soft/med/med mattress I was on (that had the organic wool/cotton top with cotton canvas sides), with the stretch cotton case I had to move to firmer med/firm/firm… and it still felt softer with more pressure relief.

Your own testing will tell you whether or not memory foam is for you or not. Also don’t forgot if temperature changes, so can the feel of the memory foam. So it could be fine now in cooler months but once summer hits it could feel softer (some have described it as marshmellowy) if you don’t keep your bedroom a set temperature.

Andrew

Hi yuppicide,

You can read a little more about Bobs Discount Furniture (mybobs.com) in post #4 here. Overall I would tend to be cautious here since they aren’t very knowledgeable or informative about their mattresses. A forum search on mybob (you can just click the link) will also bring up a few more comments about them.

@assassin1000,

Thanks for taking the time to share some some great comments and insights … I appreciate it :slight_smile:

Phoenix

Well, going to Bob’s was not for knowledge. It was just for a quick lay on a soft bed, lay on a medium or firm bed… and compare.

I didn’t feel like going to Bob’s, because Sleepy’s is kind of my way home from work. So I went in. The guy asked what brings me in tonight… duh… a mattress. MacGyver he was not. Anyway, I told him I wanted to try something super soft and also something either medium/firm.

He brings me to a few beds. Some soft, some firmer. I definitely like softer beds.

Then he takes me to one that was some sort of coil with a topper built in. Not sure if it was a hybrid. Holy soft. I love it. $3200, though. No thanks!

So then I said something less expensive… in the $1000 range I am comfortable with. He shows me something for $1799. Did he not get it? Anyway, this was pretty nice too.

I checked out the memory foam. Tempur Pedic I believe. It definitely wasn’t as nice as the $3200. Not as soft. I did not sink down in the mattress like people say on the internet. I know everyone has their opinions, but it seems like a lot of people exaggerate just how deep they sink it. Internet makes it sounds like you’re deeper sunk in than reality.

So from my tests so far I felt whatever the non-memory foam mattress I tried was preferable. Memory foam was good too, just not as good. I don’t think heat would be a problem.

I am not too concerned with the stuff like cotton, wool, dunlop, etc.

So I asked him about financing… you know I had to seem interested or like I might be back. It runs about $100 a month. But I don’t think I could get financing anyway. It’s done through the same company who does Amazon Store Card credit, and I already have credit with them. I doubt they’d extend me more credit and I don’t want it.

So, having said all that… are there alternative coil/hybrid mattress makers just like there are alternative memory foam mattress makers? I mean I know there are some… but i’m talking one who get good reviews and build quality products. If so, I may take a few days to research those a bit… otherwise I may pull the trigger on a memory foam tonight.

Hi yuppicide,

That really depends on how you are defining “alternative coil hybrid” mattress but there would be many hundreds of them yes. Innerspring matttresses with some type of foam comfort layers are the most common type of mattresses that are sold in the industry.

Assuming that the materials in a mattress you are considering are durable enough for your body type and meet the quality/durability guidelines here … the choice between different types and combinations of materials and components or different types of mattresses are more of a preference and a budget choice than a “better/worse” choice (see this article).

If you are asking whether there would be other mattresses that would be a reasonable “match” or “approximation” of any of the mattresses you have been testing then this would be a very different question.

The short answer would be no.

The longer version would be …

There is more information in post #9 here about the different ways that one mattress can “match” or “approximate” another one but every layer and component in a mattress (including the cover) will affect the feel and performance of every other layer and component and the mattress “as a whole” and mattress manufacturers generally try to differentiate their mattress from the mattresses made by other manufacturers and don’t normally try to “match” another mattress that is made by a different manufacturer.

Unless a manufacturer specifically says in their description of a mattress that one of their mattresses in the same general category is designed to “match” or “approximate” another one in terms of firmness or “feel” (or they are very familiar with both mattresses and can provide reliable guidance about how they compare based on the “averages” of a larger group of people) then the only reliable way to know if a mattress will “feel” similar to you would be based on your own personal testing or your actual sleeping experience.

All the major brands (such as Sealy/Stearns & Foster, Simmons, and Serta) tend to use lower quality materials in their mattresses than most of their smaller competitors that will tend to soften or break down prematurely relative to the price you pay and I would avoid any mattress where you aren’t able to find out the type and quality/durability of the materials inside it (see this article) and confirm that they meet the quality/durability guidelines here which would exclude almost all of the major brand mattresses and the major chain stores that specialize in them (see the guidelines here along with post #3 here and post #12 here and post #404 here).

One of the most frustrating parts of mattress shopping can be spending time testing a mattress and finding out that you like it and it’s a good match for you in terms of PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and Personal preferences) only to find out that the information you need to identify any potential weak links in the mattress or make meaningful comparisons to other mattresses isn’t available and you’ve wasted the time you spent testing the mattress.

As I mentioned in my previous reply I would avoid using mattress reviews as a reliable source of information to help you choose a mattress.

I would also be very cautious about brand shopping in general because you are buying a specific mattress not the brand and all manufacturers have access to the same or similar components and materials. Many manufacturers make a wide range of mattresses that can vary from lower quality and less durable materials to higher quality and more durable materials in a wide range of prices. The name of the manufacturer on the label or the price of the mattress won’t tell you anything about whether a specific mattress is suitable for you in terms of PPP or whether there are any lower quality materials or weak links in the design that would affect the durability and useful life of the mattress (which are the two most important parts of a mattress purchase). There is more about the risks of brand shopping in post #5 here and post #12 here.

One of the most effective “shortcuts” that can help cut through much of the confusion when you are buying a mattress is to focus first on finding and dealing with knowledgeable and experienced retailers and/or manufacturers that have your best interests at heart (and aren’t just interested in selling you anything that they can convince you to buy). These are the ones that already know what you would otherwise need to learn (including the information in many of the links I listed) and understand the importance of choosing a mattress that is a good “match” for you and knowing what is inside any mattress that you are considering. They can provide you with the type of information and guidance that can help you make the best possible choice. Who you choose to deal with can be one of the most important parts of a successful mattress purchase.

Once you have found a few of these types of knowledgeable and experienced manufacturers or retailers then In its simplest form … choosing the “best possible” mattress for any particular person really comes down to …

1. Careful testing (hopefully using the testing guidelines in the tutorial) to make sure that a mattress is a good match for you in terms of “comfort”, firmness, and PPP (Posture and alignment, Pressure relief, and your Personal preferences) … and/or that you are comfortable with the options you have available to return, exchange, or “fine tune” the mattress and any costs involved if you can’t test a mattress in person or aren’t confident that your mattress is a suitable choice.

2. Checking to make sure that there are no lower quality materials or weak links in the mattress that could compromise the durability and useful life of the mattress (see this article and the durability guidelines it links to).

3. Comparing your finalists for “value” based on #1 and #2 and all the other parts of your personal value equation that are most important to you.

Phoenix

Sure, I’d like a lady in my life, but let me say… right now at the moment I’m so glad to be mattress shopping for just me. Nobody else’s opinions get in the way.

Do you know the model of bed you loved? Find out what is in it and you can search for similar alternatives.

Andrew

Hi assissin10000,

Unfortunately most hotels won’t provide you with the information you would need about the materials and components in their mattresses that would give you a way to use it as a meaningful reference point to find another similar mattress but even if they did (and they used good quality materials which would be unlikely with a hotel mattress) it would be next to impossible to find another mattress with exactly the same design and materials anyway.

Phoenix

I’m about ready to just sleep on the floor. Tired of all this searching. Thinking I’ve found something I’m interested in and then either getting talked out of it, or I can’t get it on Amazon. I was almost going to pull the trigger on a Sleep EZ organic latex bed. But they don’t have the organic one on Amazon.

Hi yuppicide,

Hopefully it will meet the quality/value guidelines that would be suitable for you and your weight range and be a suitable, durable, and good “value” choice. I’m looking forward to finding out what you end up deciding … and of course any other comments or questions you may have along the way.

Phoenix

Well, I’m antsy. I pulled the trigger… whew… it’s sort of a weight off my shoulder. But now we’ll see when it gets here… No balls. I just went for it finally.

I ended up going with a Dreamfoam Ultimate Eurotop Latex Mattress. This way if I don’t like the top I can unzip and swap it out. I think it’s $75 bucks.

I went with this because it says Ultra Plush. I’m going to call Chuck tomorrow unless he calls me first and request soft and my free pillow for being a member of this website.

The only thing that worried me is I always mentioned the word cloud… and SLTD says latex feels more solid where as memory foam feels more cloud-like.

I’m not too worried… I am pretty sure it’ll be the best mattress I’ve ever owned, but if not I can return it for $99 flat fee within 45 days and then get their 13" memory foam model. I am pretty sure I wouldn’t bother going through all that trouble and I’ll most likely keep it.

12" inches total… 8 inches of 2 pound high density, and 3 inches of talalay latex… not sure what the last 1 inch equals? Bamboo Knit mattress cover.

Hi yuppicide,

You certainly made a great quality/value choice and there are no lower quality materials or weak links that would compromise the durability or useful life of the mattress relative to your weight range … so congratulations on your new mattress :slight_smile:

I think that’s a great idea because when you are purchasing a mattress that you haven’t tested in person then a more detailed conversation with the retailer or manufacturer and the guidance they can provide is one of the most important parts of a purchase.

I wonder what a cloud really feels like? :slight_smile:

These are just words and the “feel” of a mattress is subjective and relative to the person … not some review site that just takes an 'average" of other people’s opinions and presents them as fact. There is more about the difference between memory foam and latex in post #2 here but the only way to know which one feels more “cloud like” to you (and the firmness that would feel more cloud like because memory foam and latex mattresses both come in a wide range of firmness levels) will be based on your own personal experience.

The last inch is the quilted cover.

I’m looking forward to your comments and feedback once you’ve received it and have had the chance to sleep on it for a bit.

Phoenix

Spoke with Chuck at Dreamfoam. He was super nice. That’s part of the reason I wanted to go with them, because other people have said the same.

If you don’t speak with Chuck, their mattress will come as a 6 out of 10 on the softness scale (10 being most soft). Speaking with Chuck I mentioned I wanted it super soft. He said most people will go for an 8, which is almost cloud like while still maintaining the support you need. I went along with his advice.

The only requirement for getting the free pillow is that I make a post on Mattress Underground, which I told him I already did. I already opened discussion with people there and told them that I’ve decided to go with Dreamfoam.

They ship out of Arizona… so it’ll take 2 days or so to make the mattress and 3 or 4 days to ship UPS Ground to me (New Jersey).

After I get the mattress and sleep on it, I’ll come back with a quick review, and a follow up maybe after a month or two when I’ve had some more time with it.